U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2008, 08:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,748 times

Advertisements

i currently own some land in greenville and have been thinking about developing into a residential community. does anyone know of some consultants or consulting firms in the greenville area that specialize in this? how do other developers do it? i see communities going up around the area i.e. stillwaters and more. any info would be appreciated
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 09:01 PM

8,574 posts, read 7,320,567 times
try to find a civil engineering firm that also offers surveying. they can subdivide it for you. or you can check the yellow pages for surveyors for more info I suppose.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:08 PM

114 posts, read 363,002 times
I suggest you contact your local land conservation group, Upstate Forever. They will tell you about options that will conserve your land (to be used as a park, open space, natural habitat) and if it is not suitable for such a purpose, will point you in the direction of a smart developer. I just think its a worthy first step considering the rate of development and loss of habitat in the upstate (40 acres per day!) and the incentives to land owners (significant tax breaks among others) who choose to conserve their land through a conservation easement or similar tool. Upstate Forever is a non-profit led by some great local folks who really know and care about this area (Upstate Forever promoting sensible growth and protecting special places in the Upstate region of South Carolina). Depending on where your land is and how it is situated, such a conservation option may not be practical - and the group will gladly tell you that. But, all things aside, I Hope you might consider this option!

Old 04-16-2008, 10:17 AM

269 posts, read 977,253 times
Is it suitable for comercial? If it is Try Either Horne Properties,
Horne Properties Inc., Knoxville Tennessee
Or I think the name is Reality Corp on Main St.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:19 AM

269 posts, read 977,253 times
Oh here it is Realticorp

[SIZE=-1]www.realticorp.com

220 N Main St # 200A
Greenville, SC 29601
(864) 271-4700[/SIZE]

Old 05-11-2009, 11:32 AM

1,850 posts, read 2,488,265 times
You need to think hard about starting a residential development right now. Believe me, there are many developers going out of business right now. The banks are sitting on hundreds of lots and many unfinished homes. It's just not the right time to do this. Besides, I hope you have plenty of cash. There is not a bank in town that will loan money on a spec residential development.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:42 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,589,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
You need to think hard about starting a residential development right now. Believe me, there are many developers going out of business right now. The banks are sitting on hundreds of lots and many unfinished homes. It's just not the right time to do this. Besides, I hope you have plenty of cash. There is not a bank in town that will loan money on a spec residential development.
he didn't ask for advise, lol just wanted to know how to get into it, personally I think if you did have the money to spend now could be a good time, because when the economy bounces back you are not going to get the prices on things that you would now.

also this thread is from april 2008, lol, I just noticed it myself

Old 05-12-2009, 11:27 AM

1,850 posts, read 2,488,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
he didn't ask for advise, lol just wanted to know how to get into it, personally I think if you did have the money to spend now could be a good time, because when the economy bounces back you are not going to get the prices on things that you would now.

also this thread is from april 2008, lol, I just noticed it myself
Excuse me? This person is seeking advise, from a consultant. My advise right now is to save the money by not hiring a consultant. Believe me, I am very familiar with the area he or she is talking about. Now is not the time to spend the time or money on a real estate development. What I just offered was free advise.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:46 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,589,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
Excuse me? This person is seeking advise, from a consultant. My advise right now is to save the money by not hiring a consultant. Believe me, I am very familiar with the area he or she is talking about. Now is not the time to spend the time or money on a real estate development. What I just offered was free advise.
its a moot point, the thread is over a year old, sorry to offend...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area