Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2021, 06:26 AM

404 posts, read 380,936 times

Advertisements

Two years ago at this time, we got an Airbnb in Greenville and had a lovely little respite from the Michigan winter. We were fortunate to get a little cottage in walking distance to both downtown and the Swamp Rabbit Trail. It was the perfect location for us.

This year, we again want to visit the area but have to bring our dog with us. Options are limited for airbnb's that will take dogs so we can't get such a nice location in Greenville, so we are looking for other areas we might enjoy - but with a dog.

Ideally, we would be able to find a place that is either in a nice area for walking the dog or, preferably, near a walking path of some sort as I also like to power walk daily. A cute downtown nearby with restaurants and shops would be nice. We hope to be there for a couple of weeks so although we will mostly just be hanging out enjoying the no-snow, it would be nice to have some interesting things to do while we're there.

It looks like Spartanburg might be an option but I am wondering if there are other areas that might offer what we are looking for. We have never been to Spartanburg and I wonder if it may be a bigger city than we want. We're open to anything (Greer, Mauldin, Simpsonville, etc) but really have no idea what any of these places are like in real life.

Any suggestions for other locations near Greenville for us to consider? We are mainly looking for something within about 12 hours of our home - but far enough south for there to hopefully be a break in the weather. Additionally - the area is top on our list for a retirement location so we really just need a home base for us to do some driving around to check out other towns around Greenville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2021, 06:45 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,788,725 times
Travelers Rest?

Old 01-25-2021, 07:08 AM

404 posts, read 380,936 times
Ah, yes. I forgot about Travelers Rest. We visited there when we were in Greenville. It doesn't seem like there is much there? We walked what I think is Main St and there were a few restaurants and a couple of shops spread out over a couple of blocks. Maybe I missed some of the downtown area? We walked around Furhman, which was lovely. I was probably spoiled by downtown Greenville but I think I'm looking for something with a 'little' more activity.

Old 01-25-2021, 08:50 AM

601 posts, read 458,865 times
Downtown Spartanburg is quite nice for what it is, though there are far fewer shops and restaurants than downtown Greenville. But it is in turn, much bigger than Greer, Mauldin, or Simpsonville.

Old 01-25-2021, 09:10 AM

792 posts, read 496,724 times
Threads like this one gaslight me so hard
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area