Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 10:37 PM

55 posts, read 280,445 times

Advertisements

We're looking to purchase new appliances (Range with double oven, dishwasher, over-the-stove microwave, refridgerator - french doors w/bottom freezer, all of these in stainless steel, plus the new steam washer & dryer with the pedestals, also upright freezer & 2nd refridgerator for garage). Can anyone recommend their favorite places for these major purchases? Where do you find the best prices, customer service, repair, warranties, deliveries, etc.??? We just don't know the area that well & really could use your imput. Thanks in advance for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 01:32 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,383,609 times
Have you tried Jeff Lynch? It is a locally owned business that seems to excel in many ways.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:35 AM

55 posts, read 280,445 times
We were in there the first month we moved down here looking for living & dining room furniture, didn't look at any appliances back then. I recently read several reviews of them when I was researching online, & I have to say, some of them really were not good, mostly complaining about the sales people being very rude & the service dept. being very uncooperative. Reviews for the appliances & prices were good though. Anybody have any personal experience regarding these issues??

Old 04-17-2008, 06:24 AM

179 posts, read 516,771 times
Fred Fuller Appliances
1440 Laurens Rd
Greenville, SC 29607
Phone: (864) 235-6389

Talk to Kim. She is awesome. They are also locally owned and she has beat every price in the national stores.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:17 AM

221 posts, read 1,032,903 times
I bought a Recliner from Jeff Lynch. It was special order, so I had to come back to pick it up. They gave me an estimate from the manufacturer, but of course the date was missed. I checked in with the guy on the day it was due, and he said he'd call when it came in. It took 2 weeks longer than first forecasted, but he did call me. I didn't have any trouble picking it up from their loading dock.

I'm in the market for a new Fridge and I heard from a guy at Lowe's that the gov't requirements for fridges from 2007 to 2008 have changed, and most retailers are in the process of dumping their 2007 models to make room for the 2008 models. Apparently there's a date where they can't sell the ones that aren't certified for the 2008 standards, so most retailers are really slashing prices to insure they're not stuck with models they can't sell. If you're buying a fridge, make sure you check into the ones they're selling on closeout. I've heard from several people lately that have gotten new-in box fridges for 15-20% off retail, at both National Chains and local Dealers.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:13 AM

44 posts, read 169,360 times
Pommom, We are in the same boat and need an appliance store with great prices. We need the front loader washer and dryer along with a refrigerator and above the stove microwave. Does anyone know if there is any scratch and dent retailers around the Simpsonville area?

Also Pommom with all your buying I would ask a salesperson wherever you purchase for an additional % off if you purchase all of them from him.her. My son worked at Best Buy and he said as a salesperson he was able to discount products at his discreation on certain stuff as long as he stayed 10% above the base price for the store to profit. I know home depot has 10% off if you open their CC and you pay no interest for awhile. We may go this route with either Lowes or Home Depot. Open a card with them but since I have the cash will pay it off when the bill comes in. Pommom I was just researching the steam washer/dryer set from LG and it gets great ratings from customers. Also went to Homedepot and looked at them. have you found the washer under $1399.00? I have also learned if you go to the stores and find which specific item you want and then order online from a dealer you can get it cheaper and with free shipping. It's worth checking it out.

Good luck to you and your finds. By the way are buying a brand new home? I ask since you need all these appliance We are and are closing in May and that is why I need new appliances too.
Debi

Is there a Brandsmart in the area by chance?

Old 04-17-2008, 09:16 AM

227 posts, read 795,363 times
Try Lowe's. They keep everything in stock and usually deliver even to further away areas the next day.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:34 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,533,060 times
Aside from the normal places, Lowes, Home Depot, Jeff Lynch, there is a H H Gregg on Woodruff Rd. Kmart also has appliances now. They may all be Kenmore but I'm not sure.

A lot of times you can look online to price compare.

We got our new washer and dryer from Home Depot when we moved here 5 years ago. We were pleased with all aspects of the transaction and delivery.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:35 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,383,609 times
I have heard a few positive comments about Sears, although I am not the one to offer a recommendation based solely on such secondhand information as this.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:30 PM

269 posts, read 1,010,708 times
Cook's Station - www.thecooks (broken link)station.com - (864) 250-0091
The cooks station on Main st would be my first stop for your kitchen appliances!
They have a wonderful selection of appliances that you will not find at other locations!
I was Classically trained as a Chef( just for fun)
and I know that half of the secret is the right equipment!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area