Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2021, 08:37 PM

738 posts, read 416,650 times

Advertisements

So you didn't follow my point about MLB alienating people with their assertion about something. I am assuming you agree with their characterization if you don't get this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2021, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transplant08 View Post
he's being a troll.

Drive aren't going anywhere. He knows that. He's just trying to score political points.

DON'T FEED
Isn't the opposite true....MLB is trying to score political points and politicizing baseball. I'm talking about potential ramifications of that.

This is a conservative area as people with your views like to point out.

My point is if people associate the Drive with the MLB , they could potentially see less fans show up in a relatively conservative metro like Greenville.

I never said the Drive are going anywhere. I said they could potentially see less fans at the games if a significant number of fans associate the Drive with MLB. I don't believe the Drive is going to characterize photo ID to vote laws as 'Jim Crow'.

That would be a good question for a local journalist to ask the Drive management. Businesses have traditionally avoided getting into political disputes so as not to alienate current and potential customers as well as many of their own employees. Michael Jordan was known for not talking about politics because he wanted to sell shoes to everybody.

He famously said 'Republicans buy sneakers too'.

It is my understanding The Drive is an affiliate of the Boston Red Sox. I don't know if that means MLB has control over The Drive or it is a only a partnership between two distinct organizations. The good news for Drive fans is people on the right generally are not committed protesters / boycotters if we believe the organization makes a good product despite the polarizing assertions.

Last edited by Huckleberry Knob; 04-06-2021 at 09:12 PM..

Old 04-07-2021, 03:40 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,759,040 times
Huck is a troll. Going on my ignore list.

Old 04-07-2021, 07:31 AM

It it hard to believe that people sincerely believe there is no possibility the Greenville Drive might see lower attendance if conservative fans associate it with MLB.

I would not do business with furmanpals after he asserted people like me would drink Lysol to deal with covid along with other silly accusations. People chosing not to attend games after MLB's assertion is the same thing.

Old 04-07-2021, 07:44 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,844,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry Knob View Post
. . . he asserted people like me would drink Lysol to deal with covid along with other silly accusations.

From August 26

Quote:
  • At least 46 people in North Texas drank bleach within the last month, according to the North Texas Poison Center.
  • Most of the 46 cases did not result in serious injuries, but at least some of those callers mentioned coronavirus as a reason for drinking the chemical.
  • Public health officials are now warning residents that bleach does not prevent or cure the novel coronavirus, and can instead be seriously dangerous to ingest.
  • The Texas Poison Center Network also said in a statement it's seen a 71% uptick in calls involving bleach products, and a 63% uptick in calls involving other household cleaners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area