Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 02:07 PM

186 posts, read 125,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmre View Post
there is no "bar area" so to speak. The whole downtown is filled with bars, restaurants, offices, condos etc. It's never empty unless it's 2am which is when everything has to shutdown. Are you in north carolina or south carolina?
sc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2020, 02:21 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,330,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcuraMan View Post
sc
It also stormed last night. People aren't going to be out in the rain, at least I'm not. And most people have to work in the mornings. Maybe that had something to do with it. It wasn't dead when I was there, but it wasn't like a weekend either. Which is normal in most places. I know I'm not going to be in a bar at 10pm on a work day. But that's just me. I hope you find what you're looking for though.

Old 06-30-2020, 03:33 PM

896 posts, read 1,141,394 times
We were downtown last Saturday evening and it was packed. Try a Friday or Saturday evening. You may enjoy Halls Chophouse for Happy Hour, or drop by Urban Wren Winery for a cocktail at the bar. Sobys also has a nice area to sit at the bar. There is also a cocktail lounge upstairs of Nose Dive. Also, try Meetup.org for some groups in your age range. I hope this helps some.
ETA: Up on the Roof is another good bar scene. Unfortunately, it is closed currently due to the COVID.

Old 06-30-2020, 03:42 PM

792 posts, read 497,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2trvl View Post
We were downtown last Saturday evening and it was packed.

ETA: Up on the Roof is another good bar scene. Unfortunately, it is closed currently due to the COVID.
I can't ...

Are y'all serious? We're 3.5 months into a pandemic, we've just had more cases in a day than ever before and you're bar-hopping? What in the world?

Old 06-30-2020, 03:58 PM

896 posts, read 1,141,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bruce View Post
I can't ...

Are y'all serious? We're 3.5 months into a pandemic, we've just had more cases in a day than ever before and you're bar-hopping? What in the world?
We had family in from out of state and we were hardly bar hopping! We had cocktails at Smoke on the Water and food at Gather(outside venue). I am sure the businesses appreciated our support.

Old 06-30-2020, 05:30 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,082,798 times
Quote:
This was near the main big bridge in downtown Greenville, not too far from the performing arts center I visited last year, around 10pm......up north I am used to seeing big lines out the door and people walking around at all hours of the day and night! It just seemed like a ghost town last night. I get that COVID is still out there but with all the cooped people and pent up demand, i was expecting things to be more lively , regardless of the day of the week. I’ll give another shot tonight! Are there any places in particular you recommend? Happy hour, karaoke, etc stuff like that ?
I hate to break it to you but Greenville isn't going to be like up north. The weekends will be more busy. City Tavern, Sharkey's, On The Roxx, Pour Taproom, Ink and Ivy, Blu, Reys, Velo Fellow, Smileys, DT's and Gringo's.

Although not downtown, Local Cue,The Irish Pub (outdoor volleyball, cornhole, grills, etc), The Coliseum, Dave and Busters, Gottrocks, The Radio Room, The Whale, Quest Brewing, Birds Fly South, Thomas Creek Brewery 85, Gaslight. https://www.facebook.com/events/1060237861011022/

You can go go to Quaker Steak and Lube on Wednesdays and there is a free live concert starting at 7. There will be bikers there too, so don't know if that's your thing. They pull in a decent size crowd usually. https://www.facebook.com/events/535464903750668/

This should give you a start. You can look up events on FB to see what each one is specifically doing. You will see bands, trivia, karoake, DJ, etc.

You might check out The Villages of West Greenville.

I am not condoning anybody to go out with the virus going around but this is good for future use too Lots of things are still closed and events cancelled due to the virus.

Last edited by beckycat; 06-30-2020 at 06:17 PM..

Old 06-30-2020, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
I hate to break it to you but Greenville isn't going to be like up north. The weekends will be more busy. City Tavern, Sharkey's, On The Roxx, Pour Taproom, Ink and Ivy, Blu, Reys, Velo Fellow, Smileys, DT's and Gringo's.

Although not downtown, Local Cue,The Irish Pub (outdoor volleyball, cornhole, grills, etc), The Coliseum, Dave and Busters, Gottrocks, The Radio Room, The Whale, Quest Brewing, Birds Fly South, Thomas Creek Brewery 85, Gaslight. https://www.facebook.com/events/1060237861011022/

You can go go to Quaker Steak and Lube on Wednesdays and there is a free live concert starting at 7. There will be bikers there too, so don't know if that's your thing. They pull in a decent size crowd usually.

This should give you a start. You can look up events on FB to see what each one is specifically doing. You will see bands, trivia, karoake, DJ, etc.

You might check out The Villages of West Greenville.

I am not condoning anybody to go out with the virus going around but this is good for future use too Lots of things are still closed and events cancelled due to the virus.
Thanks for this information! I will keep a note of the places you mentioned.

Old 06-30-2020, 06:18 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,082,798 times
You're welcome! Just curious, did you move to Greenville for work?

Old 07-01-2020, 12:27 AM

334 posts, read 626,418 times
Quote:
Hi everyone,

I recently moved to Greenville from up north.

I know due to COVID, there are restrictions wherever you go. However, is there really much to do in Greenville right now? I went out last night around 10 and the downtown area was completely empty. I’m a single guy in my late 20s....... I am also looking to get back into the dating scene. Are there any places I can look besides online dating ? Or is everyone still camped out inside in this area?

Thanks a bunch!
I do not envy you. Dating in this mess has got to be nuts. Not much is going on because of it, and if you're smart, you'll put a mask on when out, and mainly stay home. sorry man, but this is our normal for a bit.

Old 07-01-2020, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPnerd View Post
I do not envy you. Dating in this mess has got to be nuts. Not much is going on because of it, and if you're smart, you'll put a mask on when out, and mainly stay home. sorry man, but this is our normal for a bit.
I know! I always wear a mask especially when going to a grocery store or public setting and I have noticed a lot of people down here don’t wear masks and don’t seem to care. Back up north, everyone wore a mask. It seems there’s a lot of people down here that don’t care about the virus or have the mentality that the virus is a “hoax” and this mentality is driving up the virus rate, especially in the southern states
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area