Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2022, 05:28 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Read between the lines. They could have picked anywhere to put those billboards up but they chose Anderson County. Think about why. It’s not rocket science.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Coincidence, duh! I guess all the other signs Buccees has put up means there a new one coming there too!
I'm siding with g-man on this one. No reason for Buccees to pay to advertise something that is hundreds of miles/several hours away and 95% of the people viewing those advertisements would never drive that far due to the sign.

Plus it doesn't really say exactly where the location is at that they are advertising.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2022, 06:31 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I'm siding with g-man on this one. No reason for Buccees to pay to advertise something that is hundreds of miles/several hours away and 95% of the people viewing those advertisements would never drive that far due to the sign.

Plus it doesn't really say exactly where the location is at that they are advertising.
Actually, they do give the miles to the nearest one, its like 190 something miles.

Old 07-25-2022, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Actually, they do give the miles to the nearest one, its like 190 something miles.
Yes I knew what the sign said. Let's be honest, how many people see that sign and say "hey kids, hold your pee, we're going to Bucee's in 190 miles!!"

Also, since we are being honest, how many people really know what a Bucee's is?

Old 07-25-2022, 06:51 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
Quote:
Yes I knew what the sign said. Let's be honest, how many people see that sign and say "hey kids, hold your pee, we're going to Bucee's in 190 miles!!"

Also, since we are being honest, how many people really know what a Bucee's is?
My whole point last year was does Bucees pay for those signs every time they open a new location. I have no plans to drive to Anderson, let alone 188 miles away to pee in an oversized dollar store.

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.6056...4!8i8192?hl=en

Old 07-27-2022, 09:05 AM

115 posts, read 103,944 times
Buccee quick expansions everywhere will be its downfall. Sooner or later it will just be your average gas station that you could find at every interchange. I was just at the Buccee in Richmond KY, and found that their prices were insanely expensive. $9 for a brisket sandwhich. $3 for 20oz coke.

Old 07-27-2022, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverML View Post
Buccee quick expansions everywhere will be its downfall. Sooner or later it will just be your average gas station that you could find at every interchange. I was just at the Buccee in Richmond KY, and found that their prices were insanely expensive. $9 for a brisket sandwhich. $3 for 20oz coke.
You're probably right about that. QT was so hot in this area when they first came and for a several years. I have noticed that things are starting to cool a bit for them, even though they are still expanding (which could be part of the reason certain stores are not as busy as before). QT prices have gone up quite a bit as well, but that's a struggle with all convenience stores and fast food outlets.

Old 07-27-2022, 12:04 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
I have always thought convenience stores are too high. That's where they make their money and you are paying a premium for the convenience of it. When I was a kid we lived in a small town that had a "Pantry" Store. The prices on snacks and candy were always twice the price of the local supermarket.

Old 07-29-2022, 02:50 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:

You mean like South of the Border having billboards from Virginia to Georgia?

Or The largest ball of twine having billboards.. Or the Mystery Spot. Or the Jack Rabbit Trading Post on Route 66..

Old 07-30-2022, 03:38 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,756,471 times
Quote:

You have to know that Buccees knows what they are doing with advertising.

Old 08-03-2022, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
You mean like South of the Border having billboards from Virginia to Georgia?

Or The largest ball of twine having billboards.. Or the Mystery Spot. Or the Jack Rabbit Trading Post on Route 66..
No, that's not what I mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area