Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 09:04 PM

252 posts, read 282,229 times

Advertisements

I saw they finally building some a new strip center thing in there. Seems like the interest in this forum in this project just completely went away after daily interest for 4 years or so.

That is the biggest and nicest Toys R Us and Rooms To Go I have ever seen. I think the project will look similar to Bridge Street in Huntsville or at least the shopping center adjacent to it, when they get done with it.

Does anybody know what the other stores will be? Werent they talking about a bowling alley?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 09:05 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Cabela's is coming.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Cabela's is coming.
I don't know if I know what that is? Some kind of outdoors store maybe?

Doesn't seem like Greenville needs another outdoors store, LOL. Other than Oshman's or whatever it was to come back. A piece of me died when that store closed. I used to trek over from Clemson to hit that up. LOL o to be young again.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Cabela's is coming.
oh, by the way, I think you live in Spartanburg, right?

I saw they opened up a huge YMCA downtown and finally replaced that dumpy one. Looks pretty sweet.

the YMCA finally figured out they could make more $$$$ if they went all out on new facilities or upgrades. Looks like the upstate finally catching up with Huntsville and Raleigh and other areas on their YMCAs.
Now Columbia needs to redo that one downtown if they haven't. like on 10 stories of some old hotel building right now. LOL

Old 07-09-2013, 09:34 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,324,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoyed3 View Post

Doesn't seem like Greenville needs another outdoors store, LOL. Other than Oshman's or whatever it was to come back. A piece of me died when that store closed. I used to trek over from Clemson to hit that up. LOL o to be young again.
It's Bass Pro Shops competitor, they usually set up in the west. It's larger than any outdoor store here. It will draw crowds.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:52 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,794,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoyed3 View Post

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabela's

Old 07-10-2013, 06:51 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
Here is a whole thread on MP for your reading enjoyment:

//www.city-data.com/forum/green...wn-center.html

Old 07-10-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Here is a whole thread on MP for your reading enjoyment:

//www.city-data.com/forum/green...wn-center.html
I've already seen that. My post was an observation that interest in this project on here, as measured by activity on that post, seems to have suddenly dropped back in early in the year. I was thinking maybe people just didn't like what they were doing with the site or some stores may have pulled out of the project.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:20 AM

4,232 posts, read 6,909,066 times
It's still easier to keep discussion in one thread and just bump it to the top though. No personal offense meant . It just makes it tough to have multiple threads on the same current topic.

Not everyone loves what they are doing with the site but others obviously do like what they are doing. There isn't hardly anything in the new site that interests me personally so far. My initial reaction was major disappointment with the overall plan (site plan and tenants etc.) but at this point I just plan not to go there. I think discussion died down 1) because a lot of the "unknowns" about the project as a whole finally got answered and 2) there wasn't a lot to really be excited about once people found out the unknowns.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiecta View Post
It's still easier to keep discussion in one thread and just bump it to the top though. No personal offense meant . It just makes it tough to have multiple threads on the same current topic.

Not everyone loves what they are doing with the site but others obviously do like what they are doing. There isn't hardly anything in the new site that interests me personally so far. My initial reaction was major disappointment with the overall plan (site plan and tenants etc.) but at this point I just plan not to go there. I think discussion died down 1) because a lot of the "unknowns" about the project as a whole finally got answered and 2) there wasn't a lot to really be excited about once people found out the unknowns.
Well it seems nice enough so far. I don't see much of a need for a town center kind of thing right there, given the success of downtown. They just wouldn't be getting much return on their money for investing in jazzing the place up.

Greenville probably got the best overall shopping experience in the state and it is much more concentrated in one area rather than spread out like the other cities.

That is probably the nicest Toys R Us in the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area