Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2024, 01:11 PM

7,154 posts, read 12,711,854 times

Advertisements

Hi Folks,

We're coming to your pretty town soon and wondered if you would share your top "do-not-miss" places to eat.

Our special interests are any kind of ethnic food...fusion or not...

Many thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2024, 03:06 PM

5,598 posts, read 15,416,136 times
Welcome @LittleDolphin and best wishes for an enjoyable visit.

There are too many good dining options to mention even a small fraction of them here. However, a few recommendations include (check their hours)...

Pomegranate on Main -- Persian
Pita House -- Middle Eastern
Aryana -- Afghan
Asia Pacific -- Chinese
Trappe Door -- Belgian
Sushi Go -- Japanese
Basil Thai -- Thai
Sweet Basil Thai
Pho 99 -- Vietnamese
Keipi -- Georgian
Chef 21 Sushi Burger & Korean BBQ -- fusion
Korean BBQ -- Korean
Gather GVL -- outdoor food court with variety
Greenfield's Deli -- Jewish
Schwaben House -- German
Passerelle Bistro -- French
The Lazy Goat -- Mediterranean
Limoncello -- Italian
Trattoria Giorgio -- Italian
Ristorante Bergamo -- Northern Italian
Ji-Roz -- Greek
Greektown Grille -- Greek

For local/regional/American/unique restaurants, here are a few recommendations...

Sassafras Southern Bistro
Soby's New South Cuisine
Saskatoon Lodge
Fork & Plow
Roost
Camp
Larkin's
Rick Erwin's West End Grille
Brick Street Cafe
Kitchen Sync
The Anchorage
Golden, Brown, & Delicious
Stax Omega
Tandem
Whistle Stop at The American Cafe
Stella's Southern Brasserie
Biscuit Head
Sully's Steamers

Old 03-25-2024, 03:11 PM

I should not forget to recommend Myles Pizza Pub, Trio Brick Oven Restaurant, and Bocca Pure Italian, as well. There really are far too many to mention.

Old 03-25-2024, 07:14 PM

Wow, Skyliner--you rock...gonna have to bring larger clothes after eating our way down that fab list. Drooling!

Old 03-26-2024, 09:59 AM

17,683 posts, read 15,392,219 times
I saw Skyliner's list and thought.. Well, hell.. What's there to add? So.. This isn't much.

Saskatoon is my favorite place.. It's something rather unique that you can't get anywhere else. Wild Game restaurant. Ostrich, Buffalo and Emu are generally always on the menu. They grow lots of their own veggies and herbs.

If you wind up down around Laurens.. there's a relatively new place called Rootimentary that is really quite good. expensive as crap, but.. Good.

The Korean BBQ on Skyliner's list.. It's.. Good for what it is.. But.. I might recommend Bulgogi Korean Grill.. There used to be an even better one out on Woodruff Rd that has closed.. Too many of the Korean restaurants around here focus on Bulgogi.. I keep telling people, someone ought to open a place like I ran into in Santa Monica, CA called "Mom and Bop's".. The Korean around here is.. Mainly Bulgogi.

Old 03-26-2024, 12:04 PM

I have heard from friends who love Chef JK Korean BBQ Master on Haywood Road. I have not tried it yet.

Two additional German places I recommend are Unterhausen The Castle Cellar Pub and Hans & Franz Biergarten.

For regional/American BBQ, I recommend Smoky Dreams (for brisket, ribs, or chopped chicken) and Henry's Smokehouse (for pork, ribs, or turkey).

For Coffee I recommend Methodical (multiple options, each is good)

For local food on the trail, Swamp Rabbit Cafe and Grocery is great.

Also, I misspelled Fork and Plough earlier.

Old 03-26-2024, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I saw Skyliner's list and thought.. Well, hell.. What's there to add? So.. This isn't much.

The Korean BBQ on Skyliner's list.. It's.. Good for what it is..
They take special orders if you want something other than bulgogi. I have eaten there with a fairly large group (>12) when only a few ordered bulgogi.

Old 03-26-2024, 01:32 PM

17,683 posts, read 15,392,219 times
Yeah.. Henry's is top of the mark for BBQ in my eyes. But.. Having said that, i'm not a huge fan of Brisket and other beef BBQ, so.. That's probably why.

There's a BBQ place here on Butler Rd.. Wholy Smoke.. They're a texas style.. And I thought they were quite good as well.. The sides were excellent, at least.

I haven't tried the Chef JK place yet.. I think the name of the place that used to be on Woodruff was Kimchee, perhaps? It was excellent. Nice variety of Korean food. My stepmother, who is Korean, liked that place best of all. Think they closed and opened the Korean market down on East Butler.

Old 03-26-2024, 02:02 PM

Wow! I'm very impressed with the possibilities that are in Greenville. I'm in Coastal NC and our seafood is quite wonderful, but we miss the ethnic variety we had when we lived in SF.

Soooo...really looking forward to a culinary journey through Greenville...hardly know where to start! Maybe with A's and work our way down?

All the Asian, Greek, Korean, Persian, Belgian, Georgian possibilities are exciting. Any good Indian places??! I like bbq Texas style quite a bit. The vinegar based sauces found in Eastern NC take some getting used to...

You all have been wonderfully helpful. I could check out Yelp and Trip Advisor, but it's better to hear from those who live in the area and have personal favorites as eateries come and go...

Old 03-26-2024, 03:44 PM

4,619 posts, read 6,068,123 times
I think you can find smoked Texas Style BBQ at Lewis BBQ. I have a friend from Texas who loves it.

We love Portofino's Italian on Haywood Road too. Been eating there for years.

Saffron Indian Restaurant is the one I'm most familiar with. Enjoyed their lunch buffett before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area