U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 06:28 PM

85 posts, read 416,377 times

Advertisements

In the light of the Pete's, Petee's, Etc. thread being closed for no reason (because whatever the moderator found offensive was settled, squashed, and kaput by the time he closed the thread), I'm posting my observations.

I see that the unspoken rules around here are as follows:

1. We all must agree with each other.

2. We all must accept each other's opinions, even if the logic behind them is flawed.

3. We all must sugar-coat our differences of opinion.

4. We all must kiss each other's behinds, or we're being "mean".

5. Moderators are not neutral and don't have to be fair, and we are wrong if we think they should be.

6. Moderators can be as arbitrary as they want in the decisions they make.

7. Political correctness is the order of the day.

8. Damn free speech.

9. Moderators are God.

I do not care who does not agree with me. I didn't post this for that reason. I want to see how long this thread stays up, although I have not broken ANY forum rules by posting. This thread was started in response to a previous thread in the Greenville-Spartanburg subforum, which I referenced in the first paragraph; ergo, it is not in the wrong place.

Rate this post positively

Old 06-18-2008, 07:19 PM

642 posts, read 1,999,458 times
)

Old 06-18-2008, 07:29 PM

11,535 posts, read 23,324,573 times
I love you Yac.

Old 06-18-2008, 07:34 PM

642 posts, read 1,999,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I love you Yac.
lol is someone trying to suck up ?

Old 06-18-2008, 07:52 PM

11,535 posts, read 23,324,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherinsc26 View Post
lol is someone trying to suck up ?
YES.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:12 PM

6,727 posts, read 21,453,046 times
All I can say is WOW!

Old 06-18-2008, 10:13 PM

5,499 posts, read 14,698,132 times
There are too many examples of healthy debate everywhere in this forum to even begin naming them all, therefore I cannot see any reason for anyone to be personally offended by the general differences of perspective that pop up frequently.

FYI, humility is a very valuable character trait.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:00 PM

Well, let's see...

The moderator didn't lock the thread until I pointed out that he'd deleted posts after everything was over with and things had gone back to normal. He didn't lock the thread until after I told the other poster that he and I needed to stop bickering and stay on topic from now on. He didn't lock the thread until after I criticized him for what in my mere opinion was overreacting. So, apparently, said moderator was personally offended and retaliated by locking the thread.

Your FYI's, lectures, etc will be better received by people you actually care about and who care about you; they'll be more inclined to listen. I'm not; you're a stranger to me and I know I mean nothing to you. I could die tomorrow and you wouldn't bat an eyelash, so why would I listen to you? I'm not being cynical, just honest. <shrugs shoulders>

I'm a very humble person, actually. However, when I feel something is unfair or wrong, I will say something. If it falls on deaf ears, that's okay. But, at least I can say I tried. Other people just keep their heads down and their mouths shut trying not to make waves, and preferring to take the path of least resistance. I have many faults, but one thing I'm not is a coward.

Have a nice evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
There are too many examples of healthy debate everywhere in this forum to even begin naming them all, therefore I cannot see any reason for anyone to be personally offended by the general differences of perspective that pop up frequently.

FYI, humility is a very valuable character trait.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:11 PM

61,284 posts, read 83,500,983 times
speaking of moderators, i watched 20 cops arrest one mean lil gangbanger at the trolley last weekend, a real take charge kinda guy.
gang bangers hate cops. wants em to go way, so his next move was to be fair & nice to me right ---he was just guna do that b4 those cops interfered yep.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:15 PM

Um...okay. I guess. Don't see what point you're trying to make or how it's relevant to this particular thread, but have a nice evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
speaking of moderators, i watched 20 cops arrest one mean lil gangbanger at the trolley last weekend, a real take charge kinda guy.
gang bangers hate cops. wants em to go way, so his next move was to be fair & nice to me right ---he was just guna do that b4 those cops interfered yep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area