Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 11:50 AM

105 posts, read 383,819 times

Advertisements

i just moved to Simpsonville in October, although i have always been familiar with it since i grew up in Greeenville, but i have no complaints thus far. I dont usually go down Main St so i wont comment on that whole situation. As far as builders go, we moved into a McCar homes subdivision and had no problems with the builder. There are a few minor repairs we need to have done that fall under our warranty but nothing significant that would make not buy one of their houses and any other problems we have had, have been dealt with rather quickly. Eastwood homes i do not know much about the interior of the houses but the neighborhoods i have been through that we're developed by them i did not feel were really decent quality but thats just my opinion. Ryland homes i do not know anything about really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 04:03 PM

2 posts, read 7,335 times
As far as builders go, we moved into a McCar homes subdivision and had no problems with the builder. There are a few minor repairs we need to have done that fall under our warranty but nothing significant that would make not buy one of their houses and any other problems we have had, have been dealt with rather quickly.

That sounds great to me, since I have pretty much settled on the McCar subdivision Heritage Point. I read some bad and good things about McCar on this site and others, but know it's usually people who have a bad experience who will post and those who have a good one usually don't say anything. I spoke w/some people at Heritage and everyone seemed to say just what you did. Thanks, I now feel very good about the build.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:47 PM

672 posts, read 1,418,046 times
From what I gathered from the story, the traffic reduction isn't meant to enhance car travel through downtown...it's to create a more pedestrian friendly intersection to allow more foot traffic for more commerce downtown. I think it's a great idea. Also, I think it will be nice to have a dedicated turn lane and left turn arrow, even if it does mean losing a through-lane

Now, if only they'd make the Fairview Rd. Area more pedestrian friendly because my wife and I are constantly walking over there now to save gas.

Old 12-06-2008, 12:39 PM

37 posts, read 127,152 times
My husband and I are in our early 60's and thinking of moving to Simpsonville, any 55+ communities that are nice around there. Thanks for any responses.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,507 times
Default New Simpsonville Farmer's Market

Dont forget about the new farmers market in downtown Simpsonville. It is at the old Cotton Mill at the corner of W. Curtis and South St. It is under the shade trees and has a lot of great produce, artists, and also has great, local, sustainably raised meats and eggs. It was a lot of fun! It is every Thursday from 3:30-6:30!!!

Old 07-06-2010, 09:30 PM

470 posts, read 595,451 times
cstewart83, You should have posted this in a new thread instead of finding a 2 year old thread. This is certainly good news and more people would read it if it had it's own thread.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:02 AM

15 posts, read 30,212 times
I just moved here in July and I live in this area and love it!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area