Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 04:00 PM

354 posts, read 1,077,276 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone!! I'm backkkkk!!
Miss me?? LOL
I didn't know if I was still welcome over here in the Greenville forum since I moved to Mount Pleasant instead! LOL

I didn't think "ya'll" would mind (I'm being converted already).
I just wanted to give you guys an update on my life and what has transpired.

Well, all of you who know me....know I was all set to move to Greenville and had visited and fell in love....etc....
THEN there was a whole "kink" in the plans.......

When my husband gave notice at his work.....the larger company he was working for (not the subcontractor whom he was going to transfer to Greenville with) realized he was serious about leaving Seattle and didn't want to lose him.....so they offered him a very good position in Charleston with their company.

We really struggled with this new prospect....and took a quick trip here to visit. We of course, fell in love just as we did with Greenville. (Gotta love South Carolina)

We both grew up on the Atlantic Ocean and in the end, the coast won out. The job was also better and more secure....so here we are.

We landed here 2 weeks ago and are settling into our house (we are renting for now) on Daniel Island. The people here are amazing.!! So nice!
We were welcomed by "Hurracaine Hanna" possibly coming to town....Niceeee.....BUT she never did drop by, so I was thankful for that! haha

My two biggest fears coming here were Hurracaines and Aligators.....and I faced both in the first week!
Saw my aligator in the pond down the street.....and well, I just told you about our "windy" gal Hanna.

Talk about conquering your fears head on!! LOL

We are happy with out decision however, I do miss talking to ya'll over here in Greenville! I really don't have a lot of business over here on the Greenville forum (haha)....but I still thought....being an old friend....I'd pop over and say HI!!

I also wanted to say a great big THANKS for all of you whom were regular "chatters" with me and for all those helpful videos, photos, laughs and months of answering my questions!.
Believe it or not you guys played a huge part in helping me with our decision to move down South!

I felt I already had "friends" here despite the fact we had all never met! Funny, eh!!

Anyhow, I'd love to hear from some of you and see how you are doing....so drop me a line on here and give me some updates!!

tata for now!
AcadianIrish
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 04:54 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,774,241 times
I'm voting you off the island.

Old 09-16-2008, 05:11 PM

503 posts, read 936,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I second that

Old 09-16-2008, 05:45 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,524,628 times
Wow... you were actively posting when I first found out that my husband was being transferred to Greenville and also found City-Data. I wondered where you'd been.

Hubby moved to Greenville in early May, and I moved in late June after we sold our home in Winston-Salem, NC. We are very happy here, despite being lifelong Tarheels. We are renting for the time being.

Coincidentally, we were just down in the Charleston area this past weekend for a tennis tournament that hubs was playing in. We stayed at a friend's house at Isle of Palms and I played tourist in Charleston... loved all the art galleries. The Lowcountry was nice to visit, but I have to say that I much prefer living in the Upstate.

Old 09-16-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
WELL.....I'm glad I wasn't on a deserted Island with you guys....I thought "Survivor" players were nasty! LOL

vegas....I might expect that from you since I don't know you.....

but g-man!! After everything we have been through....I'm appalled you would vote me off so easily!

I didn't have a secret "alliance" with anyone else, honestly!

Old 09-16-2008, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadpony View Post
we were just down in the Charleston area this past weekend for a tennis tournament that hubs was playing in. We stayed at a friend's house at Isle of Palms and I played tourist in Charleston... loved all the art galleries. The Lowcountry was nice to visit, but I have to say that I much prefer living in the Upstate.

Yeah, It was a tough decision. I still love Greenville and now I can make some weekend trips. Strangely enough, we actually made some real LIVE friends in the 5 days we visited in early June! We kept in touch with them...and they have invited us back for a visit.

I just can't say enough about the kindness of the people we are meeting in South Carolina in general! As sweet as "apple pie"!

Old 09-16-2008, 06:07 PM

835 posts, read 2,304,930 times
Glad you like it. (and are being "converted" lol.)

Now see I'm not always Mr. Nasty.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:11 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,774,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcadianIrish View Post
WELL.....I'm glad I wasn't on a deserted Island with you guys....I thought "Survivor" players were nasty! LOL

vegas....I might expect that from you since I don't know you.....

but g-man!! After everything we have been through....I'm appalled you would vote me off so easily!

I didn't have a secret "alliance" with anyone else, honestly!
You should consider me only voting you off the island and doing nothing else as a blessing. It's going to be much worse once Skyliner finds out. You formed an alliance with Greensboro didn't you? LOL.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestposter24 View Post
Glad you like it. (and are being "converted" lol.)

Now see I'm not always Mr. Nasty.
Thanks guestposter!
AND no....you weren't always Mr. Nasty (with me anyhow!) LOL

Old 09-16-2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
You should consider me only voting you off the island and doing nothing else as a blessing. It's going to be much worse once Skyliner finds out. You formed an alliance with Greensboro didn't you? LOL.
Awww, Skyliner won't be mad.........right Sky?? You can't be mad at ol'Acadian, can you?.....we go wayyyy back! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area