U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2008, 07:02 AM

31 posts, read 75,050 times

Advertisements

Wondering if anyone out there can offer me a bit of advice. I have had my home in Pendleton on the market since April. We started out with a lot of traffic, but no offers and no traffic in the past three weeks. My contract is up with my agent next month. I really don't want to give up on her as she's just starting out and I'm trying to blame the lack of sale on the market and economy and not my agent. We have lowered the price of our 3 bed 2 bath home from 107,900 to 98,900 and our agent has switched companies in the last month. All agents have said that our home showed well, but was too pricey at 107,900 for those who looked in the beginning. Sooooooooo, next month should I try to sell it on my own, switch agents or keep my current agent and pray really hard the house sells??? We're moving in two months!!!

Thanks in advance!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 07:23 AM

10,643 posts, read 20,795,496 times
3 pronged question.
1-Interview at least 2 potential new agents and reinterview the old agent.
2-Hire the best marketing plan and knowledge, not the best commission or price.
3-Could you really bring more exposure in Pendleton than an agent? The key to selling to meeting your time frame is price and exposure. Most FSBO's fail due to lack of knowledge or exposure. So whether or not that works depends on what you know about real estate. From my experience most FSBO's don't know 1/2 of what they think they do. If you do, it could be a viable route.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:34 AM

99 posts, read 310,951 times
Smile a little thought

just a few ideas: remember to de personalize the house, seeing as you are moving in two monthes, start packing non essentials that may clutter the house, this allows the new owners to view it as their space.
Fall is coming, maybe ad a splash of color with moms in pots around the house, find something inexpensive but pretty, maybe put them in pots yourself. Have someone with an eye for flare to walk thought and arrange things for you, they call it staging, but you may have a friend who is good with this. Also, see if you can negotiate the relators percentage, i don't know if you can do this is sc, but it's worth a try. Also, maybe don't go lower on price, but add in something of value, perhaps, leave the patios furniture, or some appliances? all the best

Old 09-23-2008, 01:36 PM

915 posts, read 2,325,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
3 pronged question.
1-Interview at least 2 potential new agents and reinterview the old agent.
2-Hire the best marketing plan and knowledge, not the best commission or price.
3-Could you really bring more exposure in Pendleton than an agent? The key to selling to meeting your time frame is price and exposure. Most FSBO's fail due to lack of knowledge or exposure. So whether or not that works depends on what you know about real estate. From my experience most FSBO's don't know 1/2 of what they think they do. If you do, it could be a viable route.
Couldn't agree more, price and exposure are probably the two primary reasons why a house does not sell. It sounds like you have corrected the price issue (although I'm not sure about the recent sales in your specific area), so you might want to look into exactly where your home is being marketed. Different buyers look in different places when home shopping, so your home should be featured in as many places as possible.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:39 AM

31 posts, read 75,050 times
Smile Thanks!

I appreciate your tips!! Thanks so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area