Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 10:23 AM

2 posts, read 7,933 times

Advertisements

I live in the Powdersville area, just outside of Greenville. A small community that is growing quite rapidly. It is not a part of Greenville County it is in Anderson County. We have a wonderful School district (Anderson 1) and are centrally located to just about everything. Great location!! However, This area does not have much of a voice in the Anderson County Council even though this area has wealth, it apparently provides something Anderson County needs, but the needs of this area are not really all that important to them. If you live in this area I am curious to know if there are any changes and improvements you would like to see here? Do you think that Powdersville lacks vision or wonder if it even has one? Is there anything about Powdersville that sets it apart from other communities and areas in and around Greenville, any reason why anyone from other parts of the upstate would even be drawn here? When you drive onto hwy153 from 85 is there anything remotely attractive about it? Anything that stands out to you? Do you believe that there is potential for the current businesses on hwy153 in this community to develop and attract other businesses that will improve this areas overall appearance or help in some way to make this area more attractive and appealing, in an effort to stimulate and create more revenue? Do you think if this were possible that it could improve and benefit the area overall for those that live here and many who live in the surrounding communities? I would love your feedback regarding this. Especially if you live here or in a nearby community.
Look forward to hearing your thoughts,
ArtCMe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 05:09 PM

511 posts, read 1,522,301 times
Default Powdersville

I work in Powdersville so I am there everyday. I know as far as business goes there is supposed to be a Walgreens and a Bloom grocery store coming. There have been some surveyors in the area in the past few months. I would love to see more restaurants--not fast food. Most people I know love the area because of the convenience and the school district. Also, there is also a rural feel--especially down Highway 81. If they are going to build any more homes I would like to see some more affordable with at least 1/2 to 3/4 acre lots.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:42 PM

Default Powdersville

Maybe Powdersville will get on the map soon. I read in the Powdersville Post today that if you live there you can start using Powdersville on your mailing address. If you have a 29611, 29642 or 29673 zip code but are in in the Powdersville area (still not distnctly defined) then you can use it. The example they gave was if you address is 222 Circle Rd, Easley 29642 then you can use 222 Circle Rd. Powdersville SC 29642.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 6,305 times
I agree with you completely. Wouldn't it be nice to drive down 153 and not see the billboards? Have a few upscale restaurants. Reface some of the older buildings on the corner of 81 and 153. This area is such a great place to live because of the schools and the convenience to downtown....I would think that Anderson County Council would want to "spruce" it up.
My vision would be to see wider roads, bike lanes. A safer way for kids in nieghborhoods to ride their bikes to school. The new high school is is scheduled to open in 2011. Have some safe roads for the kids to walk home, walk over to eat, walk over to the coffee shops.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:55 AM

124 posts, read 321,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flor456 View Post
I agree with you completely. Wouldn't it be nice to drive down 153 and not see the billboards? Have a few upscale restaurants. Reface some of the older buildings on the corner of 81 and 153. This area is such a great place to live because of the schools and the convenience to downtown....I would think that Anderson County Council would want to "spruce" it up.
My vision would be to see wider roads, bike lanes. A safer way for kids in neighborhoods to ride their bikes to school. The new high school is is scheduled to open in 2011. Have some safe roads for the kids to walk home, walk over to eat, walk over to the coffee shops.
When you say new high school, you mean completely new or a new campus for an existing high school?

Old 02-04-2009, 12:42 PM

5,590 posts, read 15,373,752 times
Brand new. It will be located near the elementary and middle schools on Hood Road. This will greatly alleviate the area currently only served by Wren High School.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:24 PM

Default Powdersville

Rumor has it that the land on Hwy. 153 closer to the 123 end that the hospital bought years ago may be getting ready to develop--now that they have teamed up with Greenville Hospital System. I am hoping that will encourage some more business activity on Hwy. 153.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:29 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,781,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgriss View Post
Rumor has it that the land on Hwy. 153 closer to the 123 end that the hospital bought years ago may be getting ready to develop--now that they have teamed up with Greenville Hospital System. I am hoping that will encourage some more business activity on Hwy. 153.
It's not a rumor. I live in Powdersville and my mom works for GHS. It's going to be an outpatient center. Construction should start soon.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:08 AM

25 posts, read 82,630 times
Just curious...where on 153 is this hospital property located?

Old 02-06-2009, 04:18 PM

5,590 posts, read 15,373,752 times
Next to the Pumpers, near U.S. 123.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area