Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2009, 06:17 PM

58 posts, read 258,217 times

Advertisements

Are there any restaurants in the Greenville area that serve organic and/or local dishes? We are coming from Charlotte on Mother's Day weekend and would love to find this type of restaurant to eat at, keeping in mind we have small children who will be with us. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 07:33 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,860,796 times
Several of the restaurants downtown use local/organic foods from area organic farms. I know the Table 301 group of restaurants is big on this (Soby's, The Lazy Goat, Soby's Side Door, Devereaux's).

This past summer, Whole Foods offered a local tour of the area's organic farms. My partner and I did this tour and we were amazed at the amount of organic farms that dot the area. Really a quality local food scene.

Call Whole Foods, and I bet they can give you a list of all the local farms, and the restaurants that serve their produce, dairy, etc.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:08 PM

5,593 posts, read 15,378,718 times
Don't forget American Grocery Restaurant (more info) as well. It is pricey, but definitely worth it, in my opinion.

I also agree with the Whole Foods Market recommendation. It is actually a great place to dine as well.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:44 AM

18 posts, read 57,907 times
There's a restaurant on the West End that serves local foods - i think it's called American Grocer or something... it has "Grocery" in the name. We've never eaten there but have wanted to (warning - expensive) (at least for us). And there's an organic frozen yogurt place on the west end too - Blueberry Frog. Again, i haven't been there, but my spouse said it was good.

Old 01-13-2009, 05:19 AM

47 posts, read 147,777 times
you can eat at the store which has restuarante whole foods market or earth fare.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,074 times
Default Tortilla Maria another organic restaurant Greenville Area

Here is another option for ORGANIC Restaurant... Tortilla Maria

They are located at 115 Pelham Road phone number 271-0742

Tortilla Maria Menu | Greenville, SC | Mexican Restaurant
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area