Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 08:09 PM

5,590 posts, read 15,371,404 times

Advertisements

WestEndGreenville.com

This is a nice website featuring some of the charms that make the West End Historic District a pleasant place to relax and enjoy life in a beautiful, vibrant city. Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 08:17 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,467,794 times
This is a really nice site! Thanks for sharing, Skyliner.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:51 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
WestEndGreenville.com

This is a nice website featuring some of the charms that make the West End Historic District a pleasant place to relax and enjoy life in a beautiful, vibrant city. Enjoy!
Thanks for the link Skyliner. Excellent!

Old 05-13-2009, 03:23 PM

807 posts, read 1,783,880 times
As always--thanks for sharing!

Old 05-13-2009, 06:12 PM

8,155 posts, read 20,999,179 times
OMG - another site that focuses on Reedy Falls and a 3 block region as if it represents the entire West End.

I would love...Just LOVE if someone would post a picture of, oh maybe...

N Markley St just a couple blocks over from the new "West End Field".

Wait...OMG, Google has this thing called "street view". Have a look for yourself! YIKES!

greenville sc - Google Maps

No? You want a little closer to Reedy Fall and the field? Okay how about *1* block over in the "West End" on Oneal and Rhett street.

Wait, how about literally ACROSS THE STREET 200 feet "Southwest" from all the super bling pics that are posted about Reedy Falls Park on River Street/South Main intersection.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,64.68,,0,2.74

Holy crap...you don't see that in photos, do you?

There you go folks, that's what you can expect outside of the pom pom pictures. I must have missed that on the "West End" website. My bad.

Have a ball...

Old 05-13-2009, 06:38 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,839,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
OMG - another site that focuses on Reedy Falls and a 3 block region as if it represents the entire West End.

Wait...OMG, Google has this thing called "street view". Have a look for yourself! YIKES!

No? You want a little closer to Reedy Fall and the field? Okay how about *1* block over in the "West End" on Oneal and Rhett street.

Wait, how about literally ACROSS THE STREET 200 feet "Southwest" from all the super bling pics that are posted about Reedy Falls Park on River Street/South Main intersection.

There you go folks, that's what you can expect outside of the pom pom pictures. I must have missed that on the "West End" website. My bad.

Have a ball...
so the website was supposed to show empty street corners near to great shops and entertainment on the west end??? why do people try to shoot down such a great city for no reason. Folks, visit the city and get a feel for yourself, don't rely on websites, photos, or opinions,(even mine) visit for a week, I did, and i've been here for two years so far, with no plans of leaving anytime soon.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:38 PM

5,484 posts, read 8,315,620 times
Quote:

Have a ball...
Jealous.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:41 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,788,937 times
Quote:

Have a ball...
You obviously don't live here. There are much worse areas than that nearby. Yes, a streetview from winter of an industrial area looks bad compared to glossy photos of the falls. We actually parked our car very near one of those corners the other day, and (egads!) walked back to it at night after the Greenville drive game. It was a beautiful, yet chilly, night.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:00 PM

8,155 posts, read 20,999,179 times
The pictures are the pictures.

Are you folks now going to try and argue that they are "fake"? Was google being "selective" in how the photos were taken? Is it NOT a block away? (BTW thanks for validating that by saying you parked and walked there from the game. AND bringing up the point that it gets WORSE! )

Jealous? LOL No, not really. Not at all actually. Far from it. Thankfull is more like it.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:09 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,788,937 times
Quote:
The pictures are the pictures.

Are you folks now going to try and argue that they are "fake"? Was google being "selective" in how the photos were taken? Is it NOT a block away? (BTW thanks for validating that by saying you parked and walked there from the game. AND bringing up the point that it gets WORSE! )

Jealous? LOL No, not really. Not at all actually. Far from it.
You're welcome.

I just wanted to point out that even that area could made to appear nice(r) with good lighting and a decent camera - industrial chic! - as compared to a low-res camera on top of a van at high noon.

If you lived here, you would have picked better examples to illustrate your point. However, that area was not safe to walk down just a few years ago. Now it is. And in the future, it will only improve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area