Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2009, 08:18 AM

2 posts, read 9,109 times

Advertisements

I have a 2 year old son who is showing all the signs of autism. He has not been diagnosed as of yet but we are trying to get to that point. I need to find a daycare or facility where he can go while I work and at the same time get the help he needs. He doesnt talk or do anything appropriate for his age group. I am located in the Greenville area and if anyone has any information that might help me I would greatly appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 08:21 AM

262 posts, read 822,130 times
I am aware of a few moms with children with some similar issues on another site I am a member of. Please check out momslikeme.com. It is from greenville newspaper and I am sure one of them can help. Good Luck!

Old 05-25-2009, 11:23 AM

169 posts, read 568,887 times
Have you looked into services from Baby Net? I am just beginning to utilize them for my 2 year old grandson. We do not feel he is Austistic, he however has a speech delay and we are working on that while he undergoing other tests. They have been wonderful. SCDHEC: BabyNet (http://www.scdhec.gov/health/mch/cshcn/programs/babynet/ - broken link)

Hope this helps....God Bless

Old 05-25-2009, 04:49 PM

2 posts, read 9,109 times
Yes I have him enrolled in Baby Net. I wasn't aware that they had daycare services though. I'll try asking them because honestly it never crossed my mind. Thank you so much for your help guys!

Old 10-07-2009, 05:30 PM

1 posts, read 4,273 times
hi,
my name is Julie Mason. im a 10 grader at Greer High IB world school..i am doing a project on autism,to try and get awareness out. i was wondering if you would mind if i had and interview with you to ask just some basic questions about your son. and maybe meet him if you would mind too much... if you would rather me not interview you that is fine but i just thought i would ask. if you would contact me at [email]guardgirl_05@yahoo.com[/email], i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area