Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2007, 08:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,049 times

Advertisements

Hello,
My family and I are currently from Scranton PA where we have lived our entire lives. We are interested in moving to Greenville SC in the very near future. We have never made a move out of state so are a little confused as to how to go about this process. If anyone has ANY tips thoughts for me please respond. We have a 2 1/2 yr old daughter, and are concerned in the schools in Greenville. Also my husband currently works in a factory here in PA as a production worker, and we are concerned as to where he may find work down there. We were planning on coming to Greenville in May to check it out, since we have only viewed it online here. We know someone that used to live in Greenville and speaks highly of it, but we would like to see it ourselfs. I am a stay at home Mom and am the one who gets things done here with the details, not my husband. We currently rent where we live in PA and would be looking to rent in SC too. Basically we need to find a new job for my husband, a new place to live...all the little details of school, Drs, everything. Any help would really be apprecaited. We are trying to make a better life for our daughter by moving down south. THank you
Jessica
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2007, 05:59 PM

43 posts, read 187,581 times
I just made the move from Boston to Greenville in October. I would be happy to help if I can. The first step I would take is to check out the job market in your husbands line of work. Check sites like career builder and the Greenville news classified section. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,016 times
Hi
I too would love to know where iin South Carolina is a great place to retire. Anyone have any ideas.

Old 04-11-2007, 07:26 PM

5,598 posts, read 15,448,384 times
The City of Greenville has an official website with a decent list of available residential options. I would recommend checking that out as a start. There are several others out there as well. I'll try to answer in more detail when I have more time. It is great to read of more people moving to this beautiful city!

Old 04-11-2007, 07:28 PM

5,598 posts, read 15,448,384 times
I forgot to provide the link to the official City of Greenville website. Sorry!

[url=http://www.greatergreenville.com[/url]

Old 04-13-2007, 08:04 AM

11,717 posts, read 24,918,428 times
^^Don't forget about urbanplanet, Skyliner.

Old 04-13-2007, 08:05 AM

11,717 posts, read 24,918,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawstinchick View Post
I just made the move from Boston to Greenville in October. I would be happy to help if I can. The first step I would take is to check out the job market in your husbands line of work. Check sites like career builder and the Greenville news classified section. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
I bet you love our minor league baseball team then, eh?

Old 04-15-2007, 12:06 PM

43 posts, read 187,581 times
Why yes I do! In fact, we went to see them the other night. What a beautiful little park that is downtown...and the best part is that we can take all 3 of our kids without breaking the bank!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area