U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2009, 07:34 PM

28 posts, read 112,193 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

We are living in Simpsonville now and relocating to the Abbeville area, we are new to SC, can anyone recommend a dependable local mover, that is reasonably priced.

Thanks for all your input.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 07:52 PM

2,067 posts, read 5,729,366 times
I haven't used them here, but Two Men and a Truck is usually pretty reasonable for in state moves.

I've also heard great things about ABF. They bring a truck to your home, you load, they take it where you are going and you unload. If that is something you are able to do, they might be worth checking in to. http://www.upack.com/

Old 06-27-2009, 10:20 PM

4,199 posts, read 8,019,887 times
We used 2 Men and A Truck a few months ago, and they did a very good job. We were moving from an apt to the home we bought. Price was very reasonable, but a lot of our stuff was still in boxes. Plus, we only moved 2 miles, from Greer to Greenville.

Old 06-28-2009, 06:51 AM

Yes we called two men and a truck and also three sons, we probably will go with one of them, both were close to the same price.

Thanks for all you input it helps when you know it is a good company

Old 06-28-2009, 03:57 PM

288 posts, read 904,999 times
You might also want to check out one of the sites like Moving Companies, Local Movers & Moving Help | HireAHelper.com. Here, you can find independent movers who charge hourly. I've used this site to find guys twice. Both times, I boxed all my own stuff and rented my own truck. Then the movers showed up, wrapped all the furniture and loaded the truck for me. They were very efficient, courteous and friendly. The site posts lots of reviews so you're sure you are getting good people. You might need more help than just loading. You choose how much help you need. You can find someone who does it all, or just parts. Moving this way has saved me TONS over quotes from moving companies.

Old 06-28-2009, 04:15 PM

105 posts, read 370,604 times
we just moved from greenville to athens, ga an used all my sons, they were about $500 cheaper than two men and a truck on our quote.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:08 PM

2,067 posts, read 5,729,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie swords View Post
we just moved from greenville to athens, ga an used all my sons, they were about $500 cheaper than two men and a truck on our quote.
Two Men and a Truck can be crazy expensive when you cross state lines. They were more than double the cost of Mayflower when I moved from MI.

Moving: How to avoid Moving Company Scams is a great place to get info about moving companies.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:45 PM

Not crossing any state lines , just about a hour away from where I am now---Greenville County to Abbeville County.

They said there price is 85 an hour for two men and also a 7% fuel charge.

Price sounds reasonable just hope there are no hidden fee's they spring on you.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:16 AM

4,199 posts, read 8,019,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy View Post
Not crossing any state lines , just about a hour away from where I am now---Greenville County to Abbeville County.

They said there price is 85 an hour for two men and also a 7% fuel charge.

Price sounds reasonable just hope there are no hidden fee's they spring on you.
No hidden fees, but remember that the clock starts and stops at their office, not your front door.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:04 PM

347 posts, read 939,053 times
I used 2 men and a truck too, it ended up costing almost $1,000 because it took 9 hours to move (from a 1500 sq. ft. apartment, less than 10 miles away).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area