U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2009, 03:17 AM

6 posts, read 29,072 times

Advertisements

I know there are no dog parks here. (There is one in Greenville, but it is too far for me and I hear it's very crowded and they don't separate the dogs by size and I have a small dog. I know there is one in Greer, but it is expensive and also kind of far).

So I was wondering what those of you with dogs know of as far as places to go with them, on leash? My favorite place is the Cottonwood Trail on the East side of Spartanburg, but it's also very far away. As far as parks that allow dogs, I know of Milikin and the little park in Woodruff that is really just a large grassy lot. From a google search I found out Croft state park will too, though I've never taken my dog there.

Any others? Nature trails? Parks? Even pet friendly businesses? (That you're not required to buy something to go there). I know of Petco and Petsmart.

The reason I ask is a) I love to go out with my dog but b) I so rarely get to because the only places worth making an outing of are far away and so don't justify themselves. But if an area has three or four tiny dog friendly places I could make an outing of going to each of them.

You can list places in Greenville county if you want too, though I probably won't go to them, just in case someone else wondering something similar might want to know.

Thanks!

(Oh, also useful might be restaurants/cafes that allow dogs at tables outside. A friend and I like to take our dogs to the nature trail, but we don't every time we go because sometimes we want to do other things afterwards and the dogs can't come. But if I knew we could dinner/lunch at somewhere, maybe we could just go to dog friendly places and the dogs could come too!)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area