U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2009, 01:43 PM

29 posts, read 111,260 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
I have been an on and off a member of City-Data forum for many years since we have moved several times for career reasons. This is a great forum and always receive wonderful info to commence our research. We do love where we live currently which is Gainesville, FL, but my DH is just starting a new job and will be travelling the SouthEast Region. We our considering moving to be closer to the two cities that he will be frequenting the most being Atlanta and Charlotte. We'd like to remain in a small to midsize city and thought we'd start off our search with Greenville. My DH has been to Greenville several times and is impressed with it. I've read many posts on this forum and from what I have read, it does sound quite nice, and we both love the fact that it is close to the cities that dh will frequent most and is close to the Greenville/Spartanburg airport. I particularly would enjoy moving back to 4 seasons - but without the major snow (I'm originally from Canada) . Although I did do a search on this forum, I was wondering if I could receive from folks familiar with the area suggestions of golf course communities, dog friendly (meaning walking trails/sidewalks - I am a responsible pet owner), We do not have children so don't need schools, tennis in the community for me would be great. Price range $280,000 to $480,000. If we could receive uggestions then we can investigate further and would appreciate it greatly. Thanks in advance!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 03:06 PM

976 posts, read 955,033 times
In that price range, you all will be able to get a lot of house. I live in Orlando and I love Greenville, and went to college in the area. Greenville is also right in between ATL and CLT, making it convenient.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:30 PM

511 posts, read 1,427,805 times
Default homes

You may want to look up multiple listing numbers 1177854 & 1180460. the first one is in Berkshire Park in Taylors and the second one is in Chanticleer. There are actually 28 homes on the market with golf and tennis listed as the amenities but they are spread from Anderson, Easley, Inman, Duncan, Simpsonville and Greer. Let me know if you can't find these and I will send them to you.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:41 PM

282 posts, read 705,793 times
My recommendation would be Smithfield's Country Club in Easley, SC. If you would like a list of current homes on the market please DM me!

Old 01-19-2010, 11:09 AM

2 posts, read 13,608 times
I have just joined this great group and happened to notice your posting. Great information from the other agents; however, if you have not yet made your move and are in need of information I would love to help. Numerous homes and communities would meet your needs and certainly your price point. DM me and I will gladly send additional information. MOD CUT

Last edited by linicx; 01-19-2010 at 03:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area