Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 09:45 PM

73 posts, read 324,892 times

Advertisements

I was wondering how this area is. my husband is starting a job their.My kids are mixed so I would like to be in a area that is open minded. He is willing to commute to work & home (about 30 mins) What area does anyone suggest?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 08:36 AM

335 posts, read 1,181,117 times
Thumbs up Love Mauldin!

I think Mauldin is a great place to live. It offers a wide range of ages and ethnicities. There are a lot of places in Mauldin that are very close to town, within a couple of miles, but offer a peaceful and quiet setting. Mauldin also has a low crime rate. Are you looking to buy or rent a house? Also, where will your husband be working. The new ICAR project is bringing in a lot of people to Mauldin. Mauldinfest is coming up in a few weeks, you should check it out if you are in town. It's the town fair. They have rides, entertainment, and food. They also do a hot air balloon launch. We have been every year and have a lot of fun. It might be a great time to see the town's atmosphere. One of Mauldin's elementary schools, Greenbrier, just added a huge new addition. They are also now doing a 4k program. Anyway, hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions.
Liz

Old 09-11-2007, 01:21 PM

3 posts, read 15,507 times
Thumbs up We just moved here in April/June 07.

I think you will find Mauldin a very nice area. I was scared to move here from NC. I have not been unhappy here. As far as you worrying about your family being mixed, I wouldnt. I live in a great area of Mauldin, our development is a mixture of races, but I dont think any of us care about the color of each others skin. Great area my children love the school. We have elementary and high school aged kids. Simpsonville is a little more pricey.
Good Luck to you and your family.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:43 PM

9 posts, read 24,573 times
what area of mauldin do you live in if you dont mind?? telling me.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:19 AM

Hello,
We live in Mauldin off Ashmore Bridge Rd. This a well known area of Mauldin. The schools are good, and this area is so conveniently located to so many other areas. There are lots of back road to get places if you don't want to travel the main roads. Also, we are sitting amongst several golf courses if you have any interest in that. Let me know if you have any other ? Liz

Old 01-30-2008, 09:51 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,784,346 times
How is Mauldin? It's growing. That's how it is.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:29 PM

[quote=jp1018;1463551] we have mix family also if your looking to rent apartment 3 bed rooms nice ,reply ,i want to rent 12\months first then buy.found mixed area, mauldin schools great, freindly great rent price.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:32 PM

hi, just wanted to know does anybody know about ashmore bridge estate apartments in mauldin,they are huge town homes, mauldin schools, they check your credit, rental history?? i notice the ones that dont check are bad, i called they check it all but is this still good area??please anybody knows im going down next week need reply soon thanks

Old 01-30-2008, 12:34 PM

where is there a nice rental apartment in mauldin, simpsonville?? reply please if you really know!!

Old 01-30-2008, 12:41 PM

There are lots more new one also around Fairview Rd in Simpsonville. They are newer and a little costlier than some here. They are gated. Don't know how much that matters, since the area is good. Liz
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area