Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 07:33 PM

77 posts, read 224,074 times

Advertisements

Well, we thought we had it all figured out and had a contractor to update our master bath. It turns out he can't find all the right hardware? So I am wondering if anyone can recommend a tried and true, honest, downhome kind of contractor for us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 07:46 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,964,825 times
If he can't find the hardware, why would someone else be able to?

I have a friend who built a pricey home a few years ago and got a lot of her hardware and fixtures on eBay for a fraction of what she would have paid otherwise. She ordered a lot of European stuff.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:56 PM

Thank you for the advice. As far as the hardware is concerned, I suppose I question the level of effort that was employed in locating the hardware...but point taken. If anyone knows of a good contractor we could try and work with I would appreciate a recommendation!
sadie

Old 08-12-2009, 09:08 PM

288 posts, read 948,605 times
Are you looking for hardware or fixtures? Ferguson Kitchen and Bath on Woodruff Rd. has tons of catalogs for bath fixtures. The Lighting Showroom can provide an extensive selection of light fixtures. If you are looking for cabinet hardware, I'd visit one of the speciality stores like ProSource. Or, there are endless possibilities available online. If you are looking for something very specific or specialized, you might have to do some of the searching and legwork yourself in order to get what you want. Contractors don't really specialize in small finishing touches. I'd recommend finding the stuff yourself and getting the contractor to install it. If you are just looking for someone else to do your bathroom, try Turnkey Renovations in Simpsonville.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:10 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,964,825 times
OIC! He may have been being lazy. Better to find out now than later. Sorry I can't help with a recommendation. I haven't lived here long enough!

Old 08-12-2009, 09:24 PM

Well, we need our shower stall re-framed (for lack of perhaps a more appropriate term)...meaning the corner stand-up shower stall is all glass edged in brass, and we want it edged in something more modern (black bronze or brushed nickel perhaps). We also need the shower head/plate/drain for the stall to match the frame. We need jets and intake hardware for a jacuzzi tub. The sink faucets/lights/fan/cabinet hardware have been located.

Anyhow, I guess I just feel like this is not an ultra extraordinary bathroom, and I just want it redone by some experienced people who will get the job done right!

I will definitely look for things on EBay now. I hadn't even thought to do that.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:34 AM

288 posts, read 948,605 times
I'd definitely see if Turnkey in Simpsonville can help you. They just redid a shower stall for a friend that was similar to yours. She was very happy. Don't know much about the jacuzzi tub. If it's old, it might be hard to find parts. Best bet would be calling the manufacturer. That way you'd be sure about the parts.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:41 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,755,942 times
Try Ray Lowe with Lowe's (nothing to do with Lowes stores) Remodeling. He and his two son's remodeled both of our bath's and our kitchen in our 40+ year old brick ranch home. They are great and very trustworthy. His number is 246-4210. His website is www.lowesremodelinginc.com. That is our kitchen on the first page of the website.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:17 PM

thank you to all. furmanpals, it's so funny you mention ray lowe! i actually sent him an email a few weeks ago to see if he knew anything about the type of hardware we require...but the email on his webpage came back 'undeliverable.' i never did call him, but will do so now! i just feel much better hearing testimonials of some sort before choosing to work with someone. i will also get in touch with turnkey to see what they think as well. thank you again for all the info. btw, i did some online research and didn't find much. i suppose many people just get new tubs in this situation...our tub is 20 years old. however, i'm all about making things that work seem new again by refurbishing. it's just the aesthetics aspect that we dislike. everything else is nice, clean, and fully functioning. it's just that yellow faux brass that needs to go!

Old 08-13-2009, 12:26 PM

p.s. nice kitchen furmanpals!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area