Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2007, 03:20 PM

35 posts, read 108,793 times

Advertisements

I am coming up to the area in mid may looking around for housing as well as employment. I am reading so much about the surrounding areas of Greenville. You all have me so curious about the Greer, Mauldin, Simpsonville, Travelers Rest areas!! Let me say, I am a single father with two wonderful kids. We are also here in Florida !!! I am looking to making a change for the better for me and my kids. The Florida lifestyle is not what I want to raise my kids in. The demographics alone for the southwest Florida area should explain. Either you are retired or rich and I am neither!!! I am looking for the area with the best in education for the dollar. Like I said I am a single father on just one income!! My daughter has ADD, doing well, but just want to make sure she gets into a school that works with the children and the parents. My son is fine, school somewhat somes easy for him. Both of the kids are looking forward to moving somewhere where there are other kids in the neighborhood other than the ones who come to visit their grandparents!!!! I am an electrician and from what I can tell looking into the economy I don't feel that it will be a problem finding good employment. If any of you passionate people could help with additional information it would be greatly appreciated!!!. AND YES I have done my research and now I am asking for the local perspective and your local knowledge!!! Thanks again and I can't wait to be there soon!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2007, 05:40 PM

11,714 posts, read 24,883,451 times
^^^What is your price range and are you looking for a regular mid-sized neighborhood or a larger mixed-use one? All of the areas you mentioned are excellent, but i'd also recommend taking a look at the Powdersville area in northeastern Anderson County just across the Greenville County border. It is growing very rapidly and is in the Wren High School district, which is considered one of the best schools to attend in the state.

Old 04-29-2007, 08:50 PM

35 posts, read 108,793 times
Looking for anywhere from 90 to 130, more then likely used, if needs TLC that isn't a problem. I don't mind getting my hands dirty. I am just looking to get the most I can for as little provided in a good area and the schools are good. I am flexible on the pricing, but that is why I am leaving Florida. I want to live and have a life other then a mortgage!!

Old 04-30-2007, 08:29 AM

25 posts, read 132,962 times
Hi

I too will be moving to South Carolina in the next couple of months. I did a lot of research regarding the school systems in Simpsonville, Greer, fountain Inn and Mauldin. I found Simpsonville to be the best. I have an 18 month old and a 3 year old. My 3 year old was born 16 weekd early weighing just over 1 pound. She has made great progress over the last 6 months. She is still behing in her speech and fine motor skills. They have a wonderful center in Greenville that works with parents and children with different types of learning disabilities. Bells Crossing and Oakview are by far the top elementary schools around that area. The house are extremely affordable and the town seems to be very family orientated. I can't wait to leave the Cape(MA) and settle in to SC. Good Luck

Old 04-30-2007, 10:34 AM

11,714 posts, read 24,883,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanaganv View Post
Looking for anywhere from 90 to 130, more then likely used, if needs TLC that isn't a problem. I don't mind getting my hands dirty. I am just looking to get the most I can for as little provided in a good area and the schools are good. I am flexible on the pricing, but that is why I am leaving Florida. I want to live and have a life other then a mortgage!!
I recommend somewhere in Simpsonville, due to the schools and the number of houses going up there currently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area