Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2007, 08:38 PM

63 posts, read 431,593 times

Advertisements

I love the Reedy River and the adjoining park (forget it's name) but I'm wondering what people think of Paris State Park or any other close by parks
(45min-hour) Looking for a park that offers hiking, biking, and maybe even fishing and camping. Where is the best place to get the beauty of the Mountains? Any suggestions? I was also wondering if there were any Lakes or Rivers where people go Tubing, Kyacking or can enjoy water sports? Again within an hour away.

-Doc M. from Massapequa Park
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 09:09 PM

10 posts, read 38,695 times
Have you tried Table Rock? Caesar's Head? If you venture over to Caesar's Head you can park at the main parking and walk across the street, or down the street and there are many trailheads. If you want really good hiking and camping I recommend hiking closer to the NC border. A lot of people go tubing rafting down the Chatooga, which probablly would take 2 hours from Greenville, but it is a lot of fun. ... There are also trails in Clemson that would be good for biking.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:17 PM

63 posts, read 431,593 times
I did not know about Table Rock or Caesars Head they both look stunning. I can't wait to check them out!

Old 05-01-2007, 10:37 PM

5,590 posts, read 15,374,908 times
Don't Forget about Jones Gap State Park as well. It is another beautiful place to get outdoors and have fun. Paris Mountain State Park is very nice and has lakes and trails to enjoy. If you want to really experience the views from the mountain, you need to take a drive on Altamont Road, which literally climbs the ridge all the way to the pinnacle and over the other side where it dumps you out near Furman University. It is an incredible drive!

Old 05-02-2007, 07:12 AM

286 posts, read 1,477,665 times
I would also recommend Paris Mtn SP, Table Rock SP and Caesar's Head SP. I'm a Landscape Architect and actually work with the firm that did all the initial design and layout of the trails at Caesar's Head. You could hike trails in that area for months and not cover the same one twice! The trails up at Caesars Head connect to the ones down at Jones Gap.

For tubing, the Chatooga is a great suggestion. You can also do any of the outfits in NC (Nantahala, etc.) within about a 2 hour drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area