Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 10:51 AM

52 posts, read 138,770 times

Advertisements

My 42 in plasma cracked during the move. Of course, my moving insurance specifically excluded plasma TV coverage. It made me sad.

Is there a way to save it? Do you know of anyone in Greenville that does this?

Is it even worth it? If not, where do you take it in Greenville? I assume there are some special requirements for disposing of it, right?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 10:39 AM

16 posts, read 63,733 times
My two year old cracked my lcd. I checked numerous places about replacing the screen, but come to find out, I could buy a new one for almost what it was going to cost to replace the screen. Especially with the way the prices have dropped lately. I had a 40 in samsung lcd that we paid 1400 for over two years ago. I replaced with a 50 in samsung plasma for 849. Screen was going to be 600 to 700 at best. Not sure about the plasma screen, but my guess is that you've got yourself nothing more than an expensive conversation piece.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:42 PM

52 posts, read 138,770 times
Thank you. I ended up buying another 42 in plasma (Panasonic) for $600 at HHGregg today. It was a floor model, and they needed to make room for the newer versions coming in, so it was marked down significantly (regularly around $1500). There were several great deals there on plasmas and LCDs right now. This one is a good replacement for the cracked one until I get a bigger one a little down the road...but this is plenty. They said they would remove the old one for me too. Maybe I can try to sell it cheap for parts on CraigsList...

Old 04-24-2009, 08:25 AM

40 posts, read 196,841 times
street bowling is always an option.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:41 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,821,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASN864 View Post
Thank you. I ended up buying another 42 in plasma (Panasonic) for $600 at HHGregg today. It was a floor model, and they needed to make room for the newer versions coming in, so it was marked down significantly (regularly around $1500). There were several great deals there on plasmas and LCDs right now. This one is a good replacement for the cracked one until I get a bigger one a little down the road...but this is plenty. They said they would remove the old one for me too. Maybe I can try to sell it cheap for parts on CraigsList...
I like that store, they leave you alone for the most part, let you walk around and look at things without trying to sell you stuff, they always have open box stuff and their prices beat every store around, they were even beating circuit city while it was going out of business! I bought a sony bravia surround sound there about a month ago, it is awesome

Old 10-04-2009, 08:32 PM

1 posts, read 6,005 times
Default Still have that panasonic plasma?

On SC coast and looking for a 42 plasma for parts. If you have it and want to sell it, please let me know by emailing me at [email]readindustries3@gmail.com[/email]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASN864 View Post
My 42 in plasma cracked during the move. Of course, my moving insurance specifically excluded plasma TV coverage. It made me sad.

Is there a way to save it? Do you know of anyone in Greenville that does this?

Is it even worth it? If not, where do you take it in Greenville? I assume there are some special requirements for disposing of it, right?

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
View detailed profiles of: