Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2009, 01:38 AM

2 posts, read 7,306 times

Advertisements

I thought I had found on on Old Greenville Road in Easley. A hispanic man.
He did my brakes and kept my car for an evening. His wife took me home and came back for me when the car was ready. I was so happy that I thought he was honest. A month later the car broke down in NC. I told him about it and he said he would go get it for me. He kept the car locked up in a fence behind his shop.
About 5 days late he called with bad news. He said the motor was blown but he could get me a used/rebuilt motor for $600. Limited warranty and could not guarantee that when he put it in, that something else would not be wrong...ie transmission. Then he showed me a car on his lot. "Just right for you" I paid him $2500 and he was to continue looking for a motor to put in my car. Then sale it and take his expense out of that money.
About 2 months later (I had heart attack in the meanwhile) he said he had looked everywhere...on the computer, this person and that person, nowhere could he find a motor for my car. Shruged his shoulder and said "the only thing I can advise you to do is I can get the car crushed and they will give you $175. They won't crush the car without a title. You need to bring me the signed title." I did...I"m still recovering from a heart attack and an easy target. About a month later, guess what? There sits my car on his lot for sale. I had a friend to talk with him about the car. He was asking $2,900 for it. Not only that, he borrowed $50 from me and has never paid that back. I paid Armondo a visit this week and ask about the car. "Oh they did not crush it. They use it for parts." I ask for the receipt and he said "They did not give me a receipt. I can write you one." I told him to cut the lies that I had taken a picture of my car on his lot for sale. Sputtering and red faced he starts telling me he found a motor and spent a lots of money. I reminded him that I did not give him my car. That was MY CAR!! I ask him if it crossed his mind to talk with me if he did not do as he said. More lies and excuses. I guess you can't trust anyone. I paid for that visit with my blood pressure up around 200 that night. Is there a list that we can post names of people who rip women off?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 07:32 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,693,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhill1938 View Post
Is there a list that we can post names of people who rip women off?
You could report him to the Better Business Bureau and/or the local Chamber of Commerce.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:45 AM

2,068 posts, read 5,967,438 times
Neither one of those has any authority to do anything.

I don't know what it is called here in SC, but the state must have some sort of consumer affairs office that the OP can contact. If things are as presented, it sounds like fraud to me.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:27 AM

94 posts, read 377,940 times
Contact the Attorney General's office.

Old 10-25-2009, 05:33 PM

511 posts, read 1,522,764 times
Default Honest mechanic

Call Greg at All-Tech Automotive. 864-295-1125. It is located on Highway 123, in between Greenville & Easley. If you would like a reference, just look up Sheri Sanders on here and she will gladly give you one. She has her car worked on there as do most of her family members. He will shoot you straight.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:36 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,844,644 times
The Better Business Bureau is funded by the businesses that it reviews, so it's essentially worthless.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:28 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,818,992 times
I found a great new website called PalmettoBizBuzz. They list all kinds of contractors, home repair, car repair, doctors, etc in SC... www.palmettobizbuzz.com The companies are rated and reviewed by customers.

They list Just Right Auto Repair, #1 in the Greenville area. 864-242-1961

Old 10-26-2009, 11:22 AM

2,068 posts, read 5,967,438 times
Yahoolocal is good too, you can rate pretty much any type of business. I sometimes put ratings in more than one place too. Different ratings sites I mean.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:04 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,842,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhill1938 View Post
I thought I had found on on Old Greenville Road in Easley. A hispanic man.
He did my brakes and kept my car for an evening. His wife took me home and came back for me when the car was ready. I was so happy that I thought he was honest. A month later the car broke down in NC. I told him about it and he said he would go get it for me. He kept the car locked up in a fence behind his shop.
About 5 days late he called with bad news. He said the motor was blown but he could get me a used/rebuilt motor for $600. Limited warranty and could not guarantee that when he put it in, that something else would not be wrong...ie transmission. Then he showed me a car on his lot. "Just right for you" I paid him $2500 and he was to continue looking for a motor to put in my car. Then sale it and take his expense out of that money.
About 2 months later (I had heart attack in the meanwhile) he said he had looked everywhere...on the computer, this person and that person, nowhere could he find a motor for my car. Shruged his shoulder and said "the only thing I can advise you to do is I can get the car crushed and they will give you $175. They won't crush the car without a title. You need to bring me the signed title." I did...I"m still recovering from a heart attack and an easy target. About a month later, guess what? There sits my car on his lot for sale. I had a friend to talk with him about the car. He was asking $2,900 for it. Not only that, he borrowed $50 from me and has never paid that back. I paid Armondo a visit this week and ask about the car. "Oh they did not crush it. They use it for parts." I ask for the receipt and he said "They did not give me a receipt. I can write you one." I told him to cut the lies that I had taken a picture of my car on his lot for sale. Sputtering and red faced he starts telling me he found a motor and spent a lots of money. I reminded him that I did not give him my car. That was MY CAR!! I ask him if it crossed his mind to talk with me if he did not do as he said. More lies and excuses. I guess you can't trust anyone. I paid for that visit with my blood pressure up around 200 that night. Is there a list that we can post names of people who rip women off?
Whats the name of the place? Never sign a title over to anyone for any reason, you gave him the right to do whatever he wanted with the car. Always get receipts and records of visits to places and what is done to the vehicle, or anything you are getting repaired for that matter. Honestly there isn't much you can do at this point, there are places online where i'm sure you can rate auto mechanics carrepairratings.com, mechanicratingz.com, ratethatautoshop.com, etc etc..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area