Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2009, 06:21 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,507,724 times

Advertisements

Soooo, I have never lived anywhere that had private garbage pickup.

What do people do for leaf and limb pickup? The homeonwer before me just chucked it in the wooded area behind the house but I would like to clean that up - and will have an ongoing supply of that stuff down the road [pruning, deadfall - we have woods in the back]

I hate the thought of it going directly into a landfill but my little compost pile could not handle that ........... not in any reasonable time.

I am inclined to buy a small trailer and do my own garbage and recycle and leaf and limb.....as one year of garbage fees would pay for the trailer.....but if there is something more reasonable - plus is is awful convenient to drag out to road.

Oh, I am near Lee Vaughn and Woodruff and am currently using Waste Industries but if someone local can provide the same level of service plus leaf and limb.............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 10:34 PM

548 posts, read 1,973,615 times
Waste Industries should also provide leaf and limb pickup (at extra cost). Used to be Enoree Landfill took yard waste. They sorta closed so don't know if they still do. They moved the main landfill to Twin Chimney's down in southern Greenville County. Call this number 864-243-9672 and ask where you might bring it. As for leaves, what I have is a mulching mower and it works well in keeping up with the leaves. Branches and such my husband hauls them off once or twice a year to Twin Chimney's but I do know that my trash service (Waste Managment) will haul them off in bundles and you can buy strips to stick on each bundle or you can have a separate trash can for yard waste and whatever fits in the can can go.

As for it going directly into the landfill. Branches are chipped up for mulch so that's not an issue. Leaves are disposed of in the landfill.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:42 AM

The leaves are no problem - just blow them into the woods or put into compost bin. I will check with Waster Industries - did not see that listed.

I would love a utility trailer but that is just another "thing" to own me......

Old 10-11-2009, 10:54 PM

Well there are lots of services out there picking up yard waste so if Waste Industries doesn't then call another and switch. Some might do it on a schedule basis. That is you call them when you have stuff and they'll pick it up for a set fee which is probably what you want; while others pick up yard waste weekly in a separate trash barrel which is great for those who want to weekly get rid of clippings.

Old 10-12-2009, 07:28 AM

9,354 posts, read 9,642,404 times
This could be a money making situation for some entrepreneurial out of work person with a truck!

Old 10-12-2009, 09:18 AM

I did check and waste industries does but the limit is 3 feet long, 2 inch diameter either 20 stickers for bags for $1 per bag or $7/month for a container. actually it is not that bad - I do have some big stuff but that is the exception. It is just not on their webpage

Old 10-20-2009, 09:17 AM

What I do is yearly have someone come and trim stuff as well as aerate and seed with the stipulation they haul off the stuff. You could also keep an eye out for a neighbor having a tree cut down and pay them to allow you to drag your stuff over to be mulched and as USN stated a guy and a truck could make some cash going around picking up larger branches than the trash companies take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area