Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2010, 02:53 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,108,326 times

Advertisements

Has anyone remodeled their kitchen and/or bathrooms recently and have only good things to say about the company/person who did the work? Not interested in Lowes or HD, I want to use someone local who is good at what they do and is reasonably priced. I'm not going for something fancy at all, in fact, I'd like to try and keep the existing 1969 built cabinets in the kitchen if possible (if ANYONE kept old cabinets, please, post pictures!!!) They are in great shape and I just hate having to pull them out if I can work around them, but I'm having a hard time to find ideas and inspiration on what exactly I can do with them, or what style of a kitchen these cabinets can be used as.

So, does anyone have any cabinet makers recommendations for someone in the Greenville area?? Someone who arrives when they say they are coming. Comes to work with a great attitude. Doesn't leave a filthy mess? Takes pride in their work? You know what I'm getting at

THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 06:39 PM

1,937 posts, read 2,724,054 times
Call Ray Lowe at 246-4210. He and his two son's own Lowes Remodeling. They have no affiliation with Lowe's store. It just happens to be their last name. Their website is lowesremodelinginc.com. They remodeling both or our baths and our kitchen. They are honest and very good. He will give you idea's on what to do with your existing cabinets. They came recommended to us from a close friend of my wife's. They have plenty of references for you to call, including us. When you open their website, our kitchen is on the front page. It is amazing to see the transformation of an old 60's kitchen. I recommend them to anyone that asked. They are good and they are reasonably priced.

Old 01-11-2010, 05:31 PM

18 posts, read 49,248 times
we used servicemagic.com and found Precision Carpentry and Plumbing to do an addition in our bonus room: bathroom and closet. Does not cut corners. BUT, has good ideas on how to save $$. see our review here http://www.servicemagic.com/rfs/serviceprofessional/xmprofile/xmCustomerRatings.jsp?startingIndex=1&XM_SP_ID=158 36419not (broken link) sure he's your guy, but if he isn't...he'll tell you and find you someone who is. this was our 1st ever remod, and we encountered none of the horror stories that seem to plague this profession.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:21 AM

Thanks, I'll check them both out. Theenglish, what exactly did you have done to your bathroom. Tried the link to see your review and it doesn't come up, some type of a page error

Old 01-12-2010, 12:18 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,745,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Thanks, I'll check them both out. Theenglish, what exactly did you have done to your bathroom. Tried the link to see your review and it doesn't come up, some type of a page error
Try:
Precision Carpentry and Plumbing, LLC is a 4.81 Star Rated Home Improvement Pro

And:
http://lowesremodelinginc.com/

Old 01-18-2010, 02:37 PM

2 posts, read 3,191 times
edited by author

Last edited by Fernando's painting; 01-18-2010 at 02:49 PM..

Old 01-20-2010, 05:57 AM

Thanks Art! You're the second person who's recommended Lowes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area