Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 05:23 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,971,155 times

Advertisements

I'm flying out of GSP to BWI tomorrow morning, early, like 7:30 and am wondering what time they are going to expect me to show up. I am going up for a job interview, just for the day, and so will have no luggage. I would think that an hour before take off would be fine, but maybe not?

The other thing is, a co worker said that in years past it was not unusual for later flights from Charlotte to GSP to be cancelled. Is that true? Anyone know? I am flying US Airways.

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 05:28 PM

511 posts, read 1,523,617 times
Default flying

They like for you to be there early but we took my mother in law yesterday and we only got there about an hour early. I had priority boarding for her due to age, but we got through the ticket counter with no problem. If you have to park you may have to walk a few minutes so allow for that. I would think an hour would be plenty. If you have someone drop you off you would be better off.
You can go to the website for all the rules. Google Greenville Spartanburt Airport.

Last edited by pgriss; 02-22-2010 at 05:29 PM.. Reason: add info

Old 02-22-2010, 05:34 PM

151 posts, read 331,758 times
An hour is PLENTY of time....I can leave my house and be at the gate in under 30 minutes. I flew US Air weekly for 4 months. I routed weekly through Charlotte and finally just started driving to Charlotte since I got tired of my return through Charlotte being cancelled and renting a car. Taxis will actually make the trip from CLT to GSP late at night for $100. Weather looks good tomorrow so you should be fine. In the future, by the time you add up getting to the gate at CLT, waiting during your layover, and taxiing (sp?) you could have already driven home. The puddle jumper from CLT to GSP flies so low (and slow) you can see 85 almost all the way home.

Side note...another reason we need more direct flights out of GSP and another example of how GSP loses passengers flying direct out of their airport.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:37 PM

I would have been happy to drive to Charlotte and fly out of there, but I wasn't the one buying the ticket! <G>

Great to know I don't have to wake up 4am to get ready!

Old 02-22-2010, 06:30 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,717,315 times
I fly outta GSP 3x's a month, it's far and away the easiest airport that I've ever been to. No baggage, 40 minutes is plenty of time. If you're connecting in Atl; be warned 10 outta my last 12 times flying through there the flights have either been delayed or canceled. Good luck on the interview, shame Baltimore is so awful.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:38 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,816,884 times
Wait, we have an airport here? Quick somebody tell Southwest. They forgot.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
I fly outta GSP 3x's a month, it's far and away the easiest airport that I've ever been to. No baggage, 40 minutes is plenty of time. If you're connecting in Atl; be warned 10 outta my last 12 times flying through there the flights have either been delayed or canceled. Good luck on the interview, shame Baltimore is so awful.
Thanks! Actually, the job is not in MD, it would be all over the country! Strange but true and exciting! :-)

Old 02-22-2010, 07:57 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,556,115 times
Bear in mind the time of day. In the mornings, the TSA lines can tend to back up.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:34 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,717,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzll View Post
Thanks! Actually, the job is not in MD, it would be all over the country! Strange but true and exciting! :-)
Wait, you're not interviewing for my job are you? If so, I'll drive you to the airport; you're flight is at 7:30? I'll pick you up at 7:25.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Wait, you're not interviewing for my job are you? If so, I'll drive you to the airport; you're flight is at 7:30? I'll pick you up at 7:25.
LOL It can't be your job. If I get it, I will be putting everything in storage, and I'm not sure when I will make it back here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area