U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2010, 11:25 AM

44 posts, read 84,049 times

Advertisements

We want to check out some neighborhoods this weekend and although Sonrise says Tuscany Falls looks as if it was made from paper mache we will be checking it out. I love the idea of a lazy river at the community pool! Does anyone else have an opinion on it? I'll take any more suggestions as well!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 02:47 PM

1,016 posts, read 1,945,008 times
At this time there are 4 homes for sale in that subdivision ranging in price from $374,900 to $599,000. Two have been on the market for 93 day, one for 365 days and one for 521 days.
The last home listed on MLS that sold in there was in June of 2009. In fact I just searched county listing and it apprears there is only one occupied home in the development.
Good Luck

Old 02-28-2010, 07:27 PM

66 posts, read 199,750 times
The pool and lazy river is not that big you can see it from Scuffletown road and I believe that their is only one occupied home in that development located in the back. It really doesn't look that great.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:43 PM

Thanks ruvidu and margiem3, I was afraid that would be the case. I feel badly for the people who bought the first house. I'm sure they didn't expect to be the only tenants for the next 8 months! At least the pool's not crowded! Hehe! What would you say is the best looking subdivision new or old? That you think (or know) has elementary school aged kids??

Old 03-01-2010, 08:00 AM

66 posts, read 199,750 times
I really like Kilgore Farms off of Woodruff Rd. It's in the Rudolph Gordon,Riverside Middle and Mauldin High all very highly rated schools. They have a nice pool and there are community events and the homes are really nice. It's also located close to everything but not right in the middle of lots of traffic. It's defintely worth a look in my opinion. I'm a stay at home Mom so I drive around a lot, still learning my way around, so I will keep an eye out for anything else that might be up your alley. Enjoy your visit!!

Old 03-01-2010, 08:03 AM

156 posts, read 323,987 times
I was going to mention Kilgore Farms in terms of community events. They were mentioned a lot when we were looking. We saw a couple houses there but didn't like the lot sizes. But the fact that they are very neighborly was a nice plus! Good luck and have fun! (Don't forget to check out Weatherstone!)

Old 03-01-2010, 09:49 AM
jac

387 posts, read 923,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyk298 View Post
I was going to mention Kilgore Farms in terms of community events. They were mentioned a lot when we were looking. We saw a couple houses there but didn't like the lot sizes. But the fact that they are very neighborly was a nice plus! Good luck and have fun! (Don't forget to check out Weatherstone!)
What middle school is Weatherstone zoned for?

Old 03-01-2010, 09:57 AM

Thanks Ladies! Kilgore Farms does look nice, not so sure about the lot sizes, but we will definitely look at it! I've heard a lot about Weatherstone but I'm not sure about the schools, I think one is Fork Shoals Elementary which was rated only 7 out of 10 on greatschools.net. Thanks for keeping an eye out for us margiem3! I'm excited to visit!

Old 03-01-2010, 10:54 AM

6,419 posts, read 20,343,550 times
You can use this link to check school assignments:

Find Your School Homepage - Find your Schools

Old 03-02-2010, 05:47 AM

1,016 posts, read 1,945,008 times
I can tell you that Fork Shoals is excellent. Both of my Grands attend there and we are impressed. One is involved in after school piano and one is going to an after school science camp. Check todays Greenville News about the Spanish teacher there. The principle is there every time the doors are open even for evening piano recitals. Both kids (6 and 6) are making good grades and we love their teachers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area