Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2010, 12:39 PM

16 posts, read 41,162 times

Advertisements

What would you say is the most family-friendly neighborhood of the Greenville-Spartanburg area?

We're interested in towns/neighborhoods that are close to all the amenities.

Could you suggest some areas or neighborhoods?

We want:
- spending up to $300,000
- lots of trees! (none of those areas where they chopped down every tree!)
- sidewalks
- very family-friendly (lots of kids, neighborhood bbq, events)
- close to good schools, neighborhoods, shopping
- close to hospital (where my husband and I will employ ourselves)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 01:54 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,176,603 times
Not going to recommend any neighborhoods as I'm new to the area, but you can find out how close a home is to various places as you mentioned by checking out http://walkscore.com

My new homes walkscore is 65, not bad - better than some I looked at with a 5, or less.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:56 PM

511 posts, read 1,522,176 times
Default neighborhoods

Sounds a lot like Acadia in Powdersville. Not sure if there is anything for $300, but I can look and see. You can also check www.journal homes.com. The North Main area or Augusta Rd. area have some homes as well. I would just have to check the mls to see what is available. Some of the homes over there are higher priced but there are some reasonable ones as well. What size home are you looking for? I am sure there are a lot towards Woodruff Rd. and Simpsonville as well. Will you be at the main campus or one of the other hospitals?

Old 03-03-2010, 06:14 PM

27 posts, read 105,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Far View Post
What would you say is the most family-friendly neighborhood of the Greenville-Spartanburg area?

We're interested in towns/neighborhoods that are close to all the amenities.

Could you suggest some areas or neighborhoods?

We want:
- sidewalks

your area in question is really too broad as there are many options in the upstate for you to choose from. however, some neighborhoods under 300k you may want to check out are neely farm, verdmont, carillion, and boxwood - all in greenville county - just to name a few. you can get much more bang for your buck in spartanburg county if that works for you. only piece of advice i'd give is to stay away from the westside of greenville and you'll be happy. best wishes with your search!!

Old 03-04-2010, 05:21 PM

16 posts, read 41,162 times
After doing some research, we really like Simpsonville!

Which neighborhood which you say is the best in Simpsonville?

Old 03-04-2010, 06:43 PM

511 posts, read 1,522,176 times
Default Simpsonville

Go to www.journalhomes.com & check out Gilder Creek, Gresham Park, Heritage Point, Creekwood & Roper Mountain Estates. I will look for some more as well but this is a starting point.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:06 AM

180 posts, read 341,378 times
One would probably be Gilder Creek Farms In Simpsonville

Old 06-29-2010, 11:14 AM

6 posts, read 20,165 times
Default Family friendly neighborhood, like Mayberry in Greenville!

I think this is what you are looking for. Here is a craigslist posting addressing what you are looking for!

The house is nice, 2000 plus square feet. 3/4 bedrooms depending on how you use the bonus. Formal LR, DR. Kitchen needs updating, but a decorating allowance may be offered with an acceptable offer. The large swingset conveys. We are available for short notice viewings, so drive by and check out the neighborhood. Enjoy as the neighbors wave as you pass.

Here is a copy of a posting I did 2 weeks ago:

Last night 5 families gathered in the cul-de-sac in front of this home for sale. Parents chatted while kids caught fireflies.
Some kids played on the swing set while others shot squirt guns.
Maybe you thought you wanted a big house, but now you live in a cold neighborhood where you do not know your neighbors. This house is not huge, a little over 2000 square feet, but who needs space inside when a lot of time is spent outside? Please come by to see the house and chat with the neighbors about the type of neighborhood Gresham Woods is. Stop by the pool, check out the slow pace of cars in the street, enjoy the big shade trees.
[URL="http://www.310birkenstock.com/"]http://www.310Birkenstock.com[/URL]
[URL="http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/310-Birkenstock-Court_Simpsonville_SC_29681_1118623351"]http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/310-Birkenstock-Court_Simpsonville_SC_29681_1118623351[/URL]
My seven year old says "A lot of people like to play basketball here" and "The people are nice here"

Old 06-29-2010, 11:23 AM

6 posts, read 20,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillymiller123 View Post
One would probably be Gilder Creek Farms In Simpsonville
The house is nice, 2000 plus square feet. 3/4 bedrooms depending on how you use the bonus. Formal LR, DR. Kitchen needs updating, but a decorating allowance may be offered with an acceptable offer. The large swingset conveys. We are available for short notice viewings, so drive by and check out the neighborhood. Enjoy as the neighbors wave as you pass.

Here is a copy of a posting I did 2 weeks ago:

Last night 5 families gathered in the cul-de-sac in front of this home for sale. Parents chatted while kids caught fireflies.
Some kids played on the swing set while others shot squirt guns.
Maybe you thought you wanted a big house, but now you live in a cold neighborhood where you do not know your neighbors. This house is not huge, a little over 2000 square feet, but who needs space inside when a lot of time is spent outside? Please come by to see the house and chat with the neighbors about the type of neighborhood Gresham Woods is. Stop by the pool, check out the slow pace of cars in the street, enjoy the big shade trees.
[url=http://www.310Birkenstock.com]310 Birkenstock Court, Simpsonville, SC, 29681 - MLS #1203143 - Single Family Home real estate - REALTOR.com®[/url]
[url=http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/310-Birkenstock-Court_Simpsonville_SC_29681_1118623351]310 Birkenstock Court, Simpsonville, SC, 29681 - MLS #1203143 - Single Family Home real estate - REALTOR.com®[/url]
My seven year old says "A lot of people like to play basketball here" and "The people are nice here"

Old 06-30-2010, 02:14 PM

301 posts, read 804,152 times
- sidewalks

I immediately thought of Converse Heights in Spartanburg. It has lots of trees, lots of families, lots of sidewalks (I see people walking their dogs and running every day), good schools (Pine St is the best school in Spart 7... one of the best in all of Spart), Mary Black is about 5-10 minutes away and so is Regional... so there are two hospitals. Hillcrest is about five minutes away and downtown is even closer. Seems like a perfect match.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area