Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2014, 07:25 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,236,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaquenna View Post
oh well i think the other one is all night..I've been there well after midnight several times. I guess in a small city makes sense to close at 11
Walmart Neighborhood Market #2328 is open 24 hours daily.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:32 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,353,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Kurtz View Post
Anyone know what is coming to the old BK spot on Woodruff Rd in front of BiLo? Workers are gutting the inside and roofers are changing the roof as well. Activity is going on.

I had heard there was a CookOut coming.
At last work has finally begun on converting this former Burger King site. Last I heard it was indeed expected to be a Cook-Out.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:48 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,445,360 times
Thats cool about the Neighborhood Market, but a poster said one was coming to Anderson. Is that true?

Old 07-07-2014, 07:54 PM

Default Walmart Neighborhood Market in Anderson, South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Thats cool about the Neighborhood Market, but a poster said one was coming to Anderson. Is that true?
I do not know where in Anderson a Walmart Neighborhood Market would open.

Logical sense would be 700 East Shockley Ferry Road, Anderson, SC 29624-2937, the site of former Bi-Lo #537. East Anderson has been without a supermarket. Walmart Neighborhood Market would fill a quick need there.

South Carolina 24 toward Lake Hartwell and South Carolina 81 toward Hopewell and Interstate 85 are growing in population and income where Supercenters may be more effective than Neighborhood Markets.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:53 PM

80 posts, read 226,952 times
There are talks that a Neighborhood Market is planned for Gray Court next to Gray Court Owings Middle School on Hwy 14 where the Dr office and ambulance building are. Not sure why they would build one in such a rural area.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:36 PM

Default Walmart Neighborhood Market, Gray Court, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by benny the gimp View Post
There are talks that a Neighborhood Market is planned for Gray Court next to Gray Court Owings Middle School on Hwy 14 where the Dr office and ambulance building are. Not sure why they would build one in such a rural area.
Unless the town of Gray Court or the Owings community had a sudden positive boom in growth to warrant a supermarket, I do not see the need for one yet. Walmart Neighborhood Market does fill in areas that are in need of food and pharmacy.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:16 AM

453 posts, read 646,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
I noticed the other day that Pop's Pizzeria -- on the other side of Main St. in Simpsonville! -- had a new sign out front. Blanking on the new name. Not sure if it's a rebranding or new ownership, but it's still pizza-oriented.
Replying to myself again!

Went there for dinner last night. The new name is Molina's. From a conversation a waitress was having at a nearby table, I get the impression that the original owners retired. The name and at least some of the staff are different, but the menu and quality are what I remember. (I mean that in a good way!)

Old 07-09-2014, 10:30 AM

17,574 posts, read 15,243,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Unless the town of Gray Court or the Owings community had a sudden positive boom in growth to warrant a supermarket, I do not see the need for one yet. Walmart Neighborhood Market does fill in areas that are in need of food and pharmacy.
There is a need for something there. I live there, and you're either driving 7 miles into Laurens or 10 miles into Simpsonville. There's a Dollar General, but that's about it.

I don't see that location being the place, however. Unless they were to move the ambulance station up to the Gray Court fire department and the doctors office wanted a new building. I was at that doctors office this morning.. Should have asked if they've heard any rumors.

A better, simpler location would probably be where there's an old abandoned building right next to the Dollar General.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:38 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,353,822 times
I am disappointed to see that the Arizona Steakhouse on Woodruff Rd. has been changed to another concept. They had good food and were never so overcrowded like Long Horn and Outback. And were more convenient and less congested. Sorry to see them go.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:26 AM

Default Gray Court, South Carolina Grocery Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
There is a need for something there. I live there, and you're either driving 7 miles into Laurens or 10 miles into Simpsonville. There's a Dollar General, but that's about it.

I don't see that location being the place, however. Unless they were to move the ambulance station up to the Gray Court fire department and the doctors office wanted a new building. I was at that doctors office this morning.. Should have asked if they've heard any rumors.

A better, simpler location would probably be where there's an old abandoned building right next to the Dollar General.
Gray Court can use a Dollar General Market. It is not a supermarket, but it does fulfill some needs of food and grocery currently lacking in the community. The ordinary Dollar General does not work all the time. A Walmart Neighborhood Market would be a vast upgrade.

A month ago passing through from Laurens to Greenville, I noticed Linda's Grocery, 6050 Highway 14, Gray Court, SC 29645-6043. It sells salvage grocery items.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area