Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2014, 12:27 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times

Advertisements

Meanwhile speculation continues regarding the possibility of Harris Teeter returning to the Upstate. I can now see this possibility with the backing of new parent Kroger. And with Kroger in Atlanta and their HT division in Charlotte, it makes sense for them to fill the gap in the Upstate. And HT already has nearby locations in Hendersonville and Asheville, so it would make sense logistically.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:47 PM

29 posts, read 42,465 times
Anyone know what is coming to the old BK spot on Woodruff Rd in front of BiLo? Workers are gutting the inside and roofers are changing the roof as well. Activity is going on.

I had heard there was a CookOut coming.

Old 07-07-2014, 03:05 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Twister. Weird.

Old 07-07-2014, 03:14 PM

180 posts, read 341,534 times
What do you mean by twister?

Old 07-07-2014, 03:14 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillymiller123 View Post
What do you mean by twister?
http://ldiline.com/showpdf.cfm?proj=...L0.pdf&dir=CIV It says it's Twister: http://ldiline.com/home.cfm?id=182421 Why do I have this really odd feeling it's a Walmart?

Old 07-07-2014, 03:24 PM

180 posts, read 341,534 times
Another site says its a "twister grocery store and fuel center". There is also one coming to Anderson.I'm guessing its a Walmart neighborhood market.

Last edited by Sillymiller123; 07-07-2014 at 03:33 PM..

Old 07-07-2014, 03:53 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,445,360 times
Quote:
Another site says its a "twister grocery store and fuel center". There is also one coming to Anderson.I'm guessing its a Walmart neighborhood market.
Why do think it could be a Walmart Neighborhood Market? And thats interesting about Anderson, where did you see that? I havent seen any new construction, I wonder where it would go. Hwy 81 would be a good choice considering theres already a Walmart on Clemson Blvd, and 81 has the demographics plus the YMCA, but again thats if this is that.

What makes you think that?

Old 07-07-2014, 05:21 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Looking at the plans it is identical to the Neighborhood Market across from Wade Hampton High School. Notice the old graveyard in the middle. The fuel center is needed there. 7/11 just doesn't have enough pumps to serve the area.

A sign has been erected on Duncan Chapel behind 7/11 on the right of that property. A GHS Childrens Clinic is going in that spot.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:07 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Default Walmart Neighborhood Market, Old Buncombe Road, Greenville, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Why do think it could be a Walmart Neighborhood Market? And thats interesting about Anderson, where did you see that? I havent seen any new construction, I wonder where it would go. Hwy 81 would be a good choice considering theres already a Walmart on Clemson Blvd, and 81 has the demographics plus the YMCA, but again thats if this is that.

What makes you think that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Looking at the plans it is identical to the Neighborhood Market across from Wade Hampton High School. Notice the old graveyard in the middle. The fuel center is needed there. 7/11 just doesn't have enough pumps to serve the area.

A sign has been erected on Duncan Chapel behind 7/11 on the right of that property. A GHS Childrens Clinic is going in that spot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaquenna View Post
Roanoke area of Virgnia is getting 3 of those Walmart Markets so i'm surprised we don't have like 5 of them by now.
Quote:
This will be the third in the Greenville area. I would bet more are on the way including the even smaller stores they are planning to compete with Dollar General.
Quote:
Family Dollar is closing like 400 stores so won't be much competition for Lil Walmart. lol

Those Market stores are nice.

Where is the 2nd one in Greenville? I only know of the Wade Hampton one.

Kind of surprised they didn't locate in the Simpsonville area first.
Two Walmart Neighborhood Market stores are open in Greenville County:
  • Neighborhood Market #2328, 2014 Wade Hampton Boulevard, Greenville, SC 29615-1037
  • Neighborhood Market #4145, Greer Plaza, 815 West Wade Hampton Boulevard Suite B, Greer, SC 29650-1311
Walmart paused for period to see how two stores in the market would be received before opening additional stores. I think seeing positive results desired, additional Neighborhood Market stores will be opening. One additional store is planned for Cedar Springs Road at Southport Road in Spartanburg.

I did shop at Neighborhood Market #4145 in February. This was previously Winn Dixie #1055, which closed in 2005. The positive was a pharmacy department. Winn Dixie lacked one and Eckerd relocated years ago. The negatives were no full service meat market, bakery or delicatessen. These departments are usually necessary in supermarkets. I think this is a rare case Walmart had inept planning. I hope all new Walmart Neighborhood Market stores in the market will be better planned.

A Walmart Neighborhood Market on Old Buncombe Road at Duncan Chapel Road would be a successful store. Infilling on Old Buncombe Road east of Poinsett Highway will increase the population and income pull. Furman University students will create steady business.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:19 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Default Walmart Neighborhood Market #4145, Greer Plaza, 815 West Wade Hampton Boulevard Suite B, Greer, SC 29650-1311

Quote:
The 2nd is actually on Wade Hampton also (but in Greer: former Winn Dixie in the plaza with Belk.) I think they are nicer compared to the Supercenters but pretty basic. I would travel across Buncombe Rd for a more interesting selection and experience at Publix much of the time.
Quote:
I think the Market concept is a smaller store that is open 24-7.
Quote:
Oops, been awhile since i been out to Greer
Walmart Neighborhood Market #4145 is open from 600 hours to 2300 hours (6 am to 11 pm) daily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area