Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 02:58 PM

241 posts, read 386,931 times

Advertisements

We are shopping for a toyota corolla and are moving to the area this summer. There are 4 toyota dealerships in the area - anyone have any recommendations pro or con on any of them?
thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 08:41 PM

69 posts, read 275,160 times
IMO, the best Toyota dealer is in Easley. I shopped around and they had the best price on what I was looking for ITacoma) and I was impressed with their sales crew as well.

I used the internet service where you get a quote from all four places. They had a dedicated internet guy that was really good.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:31 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,794,766 times
Easley easily.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:57 PM

33 posts, read 117,624 times
Definately Easley. I bought my Scion there last June, and they were so easy to deal with. Pricing was the same everywhere, but the Greenville lot is kinda snooty and the Greer lot is horrible- sleazy and obnoxious. My salesman was Corey.
FYI my husband has taken the car in for scheduled service and been pleased.
Drive a Scion xB while you're there!

Old 06-12-2008, 09:33 AM

32 posts, read 72,757 times
Ralph Hayes Toyota in Anderson is another good Toyota dealership.

Old 08-16-2008, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 4,655 times
Toyota of Greenville was by far the best car dealer experience that I have EVER had!

Old 08-16-2008, 09:24 PM

559 posts, read 1,466,379 times
Toyota of Greenville was THE WORST place I could have bought a car from. Two days later, it broke down. They sold it to me as is, but did not mention it didn't see the inside of a shop because it had 8,000 more miles than the limit, they fixed nothing, and my car could have exploded if I had driven it anymore than I did. I had a warranty which they SAID covered all this stuff, and it didn't cover anything. Luckily, I received a refund. A month later, my car stopped working altogether. I called and called and called ever since that third day I had my car, to ask about trading in, refunds...all that, since I had had it for less than a week. Nothing. They wanted me to pay more money for a trade in, even though I had just BOUGHT it. Well, I said I had spent all my money, didn't have a job, couldn't get one now since my car didn't work and had no money to fix it. They said, and I quote "Oh. That's too bad" sarcastically. I reported them to the better business bureau, sent an e-mail to the manager about all the hassles I had been through and eventually they fixed my car for free while looking for a trade in for me...which they never called about, even though I called them several times, and eventually I just went back and picked up my old car which is STILL not completely fixed. Do NOT go there. They will lie. Go to Easley.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:58 AM

49 posts, read 190,634 times
Default Toyota of Greenville

toyota of greenville is the best dealership in the area. I tried to buy a car from Easley, but they were unwilling to budge on the price. I went to Greenville and gave them my price ($700 over invoice w/ leather installed, out the door) and after some back and forth BS they agreed to it. Easley, Greer, and Asheville all laughed at that price. If you know your price and are good at negotiating I would go to Greenville.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:59 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,794,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by etjaipleure View Post
Toyota of Greenville was THE WORST place I could have bought a car from. Two days later, it broke down. They sold it to me as is, but did not mention it didn't see the inside of a shop because it had 8,000 more miles than the limit, they fixed nothing, and my car could have exploded if I had driven it anymore than I did. I had a warranty which they SAID covered all this stuff, and it didn't cover anything. Luckily, I received a refund. A month later, my car stopped working altogether. I called and called and called ever since that third day I had my car, to ask about trading in, refunds...all that, since I had had it for less than a week. Nothing. They wanted me to pay more money for a trade in, even though I had just BOUGHT it. Well, I said I had spent all my money, didn't have a job, couldn't get one now since my car didn't work and had no money to fix it. They said, and I quote "Oh. That's too bad" sarcastically. I reported them to the better business bureau, sent an e-mail to the manager about all the hassles I had been through and eventually they fixed my car for free while looking for a trade in for me...which they never called about, even though I called them several times, and eventually I just went back and picked up my old car which is STILL not completely fixed. Do NOT go there. They will lie. Go to Easley.
Just came across this on an internet search of Greenville Toyota. They are awful, lying crooks. Stay away, stay away, stay away from "Toyota of Greenville." We took our car in their 3x,the first for a warranty related problem. First, they claimed they could not recreate the problem. Soooo, I had to go back on another day and drive around with a guy in the car to show him. It took all of 30 seconds in the parking lot, but a whole other day with out the car! I also provided them with the toyota service bulletin (that I had found on the internet)about the very same problem that was to be covered under warranty. Why should I be telling a dealership of their own service bulletins?

But the main kicker was that 2x (once during this incident) they flat out lied about the service they were going to perform. While they were fixing the original problem covered under warranty, we asked them to change the oil and address a tire pressure warning light that came on after their first day with our car. (They had somehow deflated the spare tire, causing the light to be on when we picked up the car). Well, when we picked up the car later that day, we had a bill for $300! $300 for an oil change??? I was furious, and the service sales guy explained that they did the entire "30,000 mile service." BUT WE NEVER ASKED FOR A 30,000 MILE SERVICE! He gave us a bunch of coupons, including one that looked like it was for a free oil change. So we sucked it up and paid the $300.

THEN, we went in to use the coupon for a free oil change and a tire rotation. This was about 5,000 miles after the first incedent. I clearly explained in English that we just wanted an oil change, tire rotation, and to check for water that had gotten in the car during a rain. That's it. Nothing else. Went to pick up the car, and guess what? A $280 bill awaited us! UNBELIEVABLE!!! They had decided on their own to give us a "50,000 mile" servicing, 5,000 miles after our "30,000 mile service."

I calmly told the girl behind the counter how we had been lied to, and that we were not going to pay for service we did not ask for. She did not seem surprised at our reaction to the bill. The manager told us it was our problem for not being clear with the sales rep guy when we brought the car in. He was basically calling me a liar and offered us some coupons. He would call the police if we did not want to pay. I told him to stick his effing coupons in his...

Toyota of Greenville stole nearly $600 from me on two oil changes. They are crooks. They are liars. DO NOT GO THERE!

Old 07-21-2009, 09:21 AM

84 posts, read 242,012 times
We just moved to Greenville from Boston, my husband went to Greenville Toyota to buy a new corolla, got a great deal and they were very nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area