Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2010, 08:32 PM

607 posts, read 1,402,601 times

Advertisements

Saw it crawling along the baseboard in my kitchen. Went to get the kids and dog out of the way and now it has disappeared. It was thin, black, and probably a couple of feet long. I don't know what to do.
We had the back door open for the dog to run in and out while we were in the back yard, and I think that's how he got in. I don't know. This is freaking me out.
Any insight? Is there someone I can call? Anyone else ever deal with this?
Thanks in advance-
Kim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 09:52 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,966,937 times
I wish I could help you, but I couldn't find any emergency numbers to call for advice. If you have not already done so, I would get a hotel room for the night, cuz you know you will not be able to sleep knowing it is around.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:26 PM

642 posts, read 2,088,700 times
It is probably just a black snake so it not going to hurt you. And if you really can't wait until the morning call the non emergency number to the police. They may send someone out to help you esp since you have kids. South Carolina Animal Control Services South Carolina Local Animal Control Company South Carolina Wildlife Removal

Old 04-02-2010, 01:38 AM

84 posts, read 203,020 times
There is a snake guy out in pickens (near aunt sues on highway 11.) He picks up in this area. Sorry I do not have the number

Old 04-02-2010, 06:03 AM

511 posts, read 1,522,647 times
Default snake

That is odd because my son turned his a/c on yesterday and one came crawling out of the vent. Odd to hear both of these stories in one day. Lucky he had the Dyson vacuum out and he sucked it up in it and took it outside. YUK! Good advertisement for the vacuum!

Old 04-02-2010, 07:41 AM

915 posts, read 2,424,048 times
Actually, my home inspectors find snake skins in houses all the time. Literally about half of all inspections, if not more. I know it's creepy, but not uncommon.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:25 PM

Thanks for the replies.
I believe it was a black snake. No sign of him today. We are hoping he was as startled as we were and left.
I am trying to remain calm...

Old 04-04-2010, 01:11 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,661,515 times
Try to kill it before it breeds. You can shoot them. Use a gun, or use a axe or a hoe. I shot one with a pellet gun once. Killed it. LOL (I think I am a good shot and I am pretty good).

If it is an option, a cat will kill them and eat them and I think some dogs will, like a lab or shepard would have fun killing it and perhaps having it for a snack.

If it has a diamond for a head, kill it quick or get someone to kill it for you. Those are poisonous. It's kinda hard to tell, so just assume it's poisonous.

Old 04-05-2010, 05:57 AM

506 posts, read 1,222,429 times
Clearly there is only one option - you must kill it with fire by burning your house to the ground!

But no, in all seriousness don't do that, I'm not responsible if you burn your house down, yada yada yada.

We had a long thin black snake in our back yard here once that our dogs had cornered - it was non-poisonous. Can't say the one in your house is the same but it sounds like it.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:10 PM

Well, still no sign of him anymore.
Firearms and house torching are NOT and option...LOL
Guess we will just wait this one out and pray he went back out. My dog isn't acting strange, and she's a cocker with a good nose. Old, deaf and blind, but great sniffer...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area