U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 02:24 PM

5,010 posts, read 7,004,576 times

Advertisements

Need to find a bank up there to put my "trillions" in when we move there and would like to know what bank you may recommend that's NOT a national bank, like BOA. There seems to be so many to chose from in the area. Any bank you can recommend that has stellar customer service? Services you don't find at other banks (like free coin counter if you have an account there) I guess one that's financially sound where my millions are insured (okay, whatever the limit is)

I really don't care about rates and stuff like that since I don't have all that much to put in that it would make any difference, especially nowadays. I don't go to the bank that much, but when I do, I like to feel like I'm welcome. Not like down in SOFLA, the BOA down in my area thinks everyone's out to scam them, they won't even put out the deposit slips, you have to ask for one Just putting CASH in to my daughters account, they want my ID! I know it's different up there, but it's left a really bad taste in my mouth and when I'm able, I'd much rather support local businesses anyhow.

Thanks for any help! I haven't had to "shop" for a bank in almost 30yrs.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 03:40 PM

1,618 posts, read 2,182,176 times
The easy answer if Greer State Bank. You can visit the Taylors Office or any of the three in Greer for personal service.

Old 04-09-2010, 05:55 PM

78 posts, read 142,715 times
Although not in Greer, Truliant Federal Credit Union is excellent. I have been with them for years, very customer service friendly. It is off of Haywood Road around the mall. They tend to watch your account and catch mistakes (stolen credit card, late payments, etc.)

Old 04-09-2010, 10:37 PM

Thanks for the reply, very much appreciated. I'll definitely check out Greer State Bank Furmanpals.

Wanderingfgypsies, TFC may be a little too far for me to get to that location but in the slim chance I have some extra moula I want to stash in to a CD or MM account one day, I may look in to them and see what they are offering. I know credit unions are usually a good option, just trying to stay in the Greer area if possible. There's so many banks around the area, just not sure which is best.

Are there any Mountain First banks in the area, anyone?

Old 04-10-2010, 01:06 PM

4,077 posts, read 7,328,055 times
Although BB&T is a national bank, their attitude and customer service is more in line with that of a local or regional bank, at least in my experience with them over the past ten+ years. I also like the convenience of plenty of locations for branches and ATMs.

Old 04-10-2010, 01:35 PM

Thanks Roadpony, I know about BB&T only by name, no idea what BB&T even stands for. I know there's one on WH and Pointsett, may look in to them.

Do you know if any of the banks up there has the free coin counter for customers? My OH uses it every few months, and I know our current bank, if you don't have an account they take off 15%, which over time, can add up for him NOT to have.

Thanks for the recommendation!!!

Old 04-10-2010, 01:59 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,971,744 times
Another that's not necessarily local, but is regional to the southeast (and in the Greenville area) is Suntrust. We use them here in FL, and I'm happy enough with their service that I have moved all of my personal and business banking to them over the last few years. The service is always top notch and we don't feel like a number (like we did with Wachovia).

When we were in the upstate a couple of weeks ago I had to do some business banking, and used the branch in Pickens. I was given the same great service there that I get here in FL.

Old 04-10-2010, 02:33 PM

Skunk, moving up from FL, so know about Suntrust

I guess the regional/national banks, it all depends on WHERE the branch is and the people who work there. I've been in the BOA in Greer and it's NOTHING like the one I go to in FL - nothing at all, thankfully. Even the BOA I've gone to in Hendersonville is so different. I love that they give out dog biscuits to people driving up with their dogs. And to think, we can't even get a deposit slip without asking in FL. Sad!!!

Old 04-10-2010, 02:59 PM

4,077 posts, read 7,328,055 times
BB&T = Branch Banking & Trust. Started in eastern NC. Now headquartered in Winston-Salem, NC. Has aggressively, but carefully, made a lot of acquisitions over the past 10+ years. Never seemed to have gotten "too big for their britches."

They give out dog biscuits as well. No idea about coin counter services.

Old 04-10-2010, 07:42 PM

Thanks for the clarification Roadpony, appreciate it. No dog, but yes to the coins
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area