Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2010, 07:21 AM

2 posts, read 4,138 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

Just recently been browsing through this forum as I will be moving to Boiling Springs in a month. I found several posts on the internet provider, Charter Communications, that operates in the area. Most of the posts suggest that people have had a pretty negative experience with them. It has been several months since anything new was posted and so I wanted to know, from anyone currently in or around that area, is there any better internet option available? Has Charter improved at all? I have been to the verizon and AT&T websites and when I put in my address it says no service is available in the area. Definitely do not want to pay lots of $$ for bad service so any input on what options are available currently would be great.

Thank you for your input!!

-DP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 02:47 PM

2 posts, read 4,138 times
anyone have ANY input at all on Charter ??

Old 04-15-2010, 07:23 PM

1,841 posts, read 2,745,862 times
Charter is really putting forth an extra effort in areas where UVerse has arrived, or is coming. When they're good, they're very good. Some people have problems; your mileage may vary. My experience is not in the Boiling Springs area however.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:11 AM

957 posts, read 2,612,321 times
I had Charter internet when I lived in Asheville and it was basically worthless. The signal was degraded so bad it was unusable, and their tech people came out and basically threw up their hands, saying they didn't know what was wrong. I dumped them for AT&T. Upon moving to Boiling Springs in '08, we were forced to choose between Charter's higher speed internet, or AT&T's lower speed DSL. We went with Charter, and the service was good, but very expensive. We've now switched back to AT&T and are hoping they boost the speed in our area of Boiling Springs. Of the four levels of service the highest we can get is the second to last.

Charter's service is typically lousy, so beware. In Asheville, when I dumped their internet I also switched to DirecTV. We lived in a townhouse complex. About 2 years later, their tech cut my DirecTV lines when he was hooking up cable at the unit next door. I called them, and they refused to come out and fix it, said they'd be there in a couple weeks. I went out and fixed it myself. Sure enough, two weeks later, someone comes to fix it. I can't speak on their service here, but as far as in general, I'm very unimpressed.

Last edited by EnglishCream; 04-16-2010 at 06:24 AM..

Old 04-16-2010, 07:45 AM

696 posts, read 1,329,859 times
Where I'm at in Taylors, near Wade Hampton High School, it's pretty good. Every now and then I have some DNS issues that I'm pretty sure are Charter's fault, but there has only been one outage in the past six months. Customer service has been pretty good, as well. Of course, Taylors is not Boiling Springs, but I'd say try it and see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area