Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 04:57 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarianpretz1 View Post
I just watched the link - not bad, but...after spending 20 years in Munich myself, I have seen many people eat the Weißwurst with a fork! By the way, we also have great homemade Obatzda.
Saturday, May 15th, we are having our grand opening. Everyone who comes in Tracht gets a free pretzel.
Bis bald und liebe Grüße!
We drove by your place last night. Can't wait to check it out. The blue and white Bavarian flag pattern at the counter is a great touch. Looks like a winner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 06:33 AM

506 posts, read 1,222,655 times
I didn't see it on the Menu but does this place serve any beer? Some Weissbier would be nice - I like to drink that with my bavarian pretzels!

Old 05-13-2010, 10:40 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,793,158 times
Mmmm.... beer and pretzel.....

People eat pretzels without beer? Interesting concept!

Old 05-13-2010, 06:42 PM

15 posts, read 27,196 times
Of course we are going to have beer! And wine as well. Just waiting for the final inspection to be done, paperwork is already completed. Should be very soon! I had hoped to serve on the weekend - our grand opening is on Saturday, May 15th. Not so sure we will have the license by then, but soon for sure!

Old 05-14-2010, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Of course we are going to have beer! And wine as well. Just waiting for the final inspection to be done, paperwork is already completed. Should be very soon! I had hoped to serve on the weekend - our grand opening is on Saturday, May 15th. Not so sure we will have the license by then, but soon for sure!
Looking forward to checking the place out, but will wait until I can have beer with my food! Let us know when you get that license.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:43 AM

15 posts, read 27,196 times
I got the approval yesterday!!!!!! Now I just need to get the physical license, probably this afternoon, and we will serve beer and wine as of tomorrow for sure! Now the fun begins :-)

Old 05-19-2010, 10:45 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
Quote:
I got the approval yesterday!!!!!! Now I just need to get the physical license, probably this afternoon, and we will serve beer and wine as of tomorrow for sure! Now the fun begins :-)
Excellent. We'll be by this weekend.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:48 PM

Beer...the one thing that will get me to brave Woodruff road (on the weekend). Looking forward to checking the place out!

Old 07-27-2010, 09:25 PM

49 posts, read 102,968 times
I hate to sound cliche, but...

This place is awesome! I'll do a mini-review for those who have never been:

BPF is an independent German Restaurant, Deli and European Bakery on Woodruff Rd; they also carry a large variety of imported food products, chocolates, wines and beers from Germany. This place has a truly outstanding selection of artisan breads, pretzels, meats and cheeses; not to mention the wine and beer choices on the menu! REAL and actually FRESH pretzels, just like the ones you might find in Germany! (not even comparable to the junk you might find at the mall) The breads are incredible too - try the German Rye Sourdough with herbs. I have tried most everything on the menu.. its all the real deal! My favorite things would have to be the Obatzda (Brie and cream cheese spread flavored with paprika) Wurstsalat (sausage salad with onions and kraut) and Potatosalat (German potato salad) paired with a soft roll or pretzel roll. The cold cut and cheese plates are all great too! I haven't even mentioned the best part, though. The Kuchen! BPF's desserts are all delish, my favorite being the Tirolean apple cake, which is best paired with their Tirolean Mountain Roast coffee (their special medium roast blend from a co-op grower in Brazil)

The restaurant itself is really pretty neat for being so small - there are long benches with blue and green pillow cushions, a small marble table booth with barstools and a bar at the where you place your order.. the place smells heavenly too. Along the left side wall is the import aisle where you can choose from a selection of German goods. The staff and bakers are all friendly and eager to answer any questions you have about the food, and whats in it! That's part of what makes this place so special... these guys make food the way its been made for hundreds of years: fresh, simple and real. There is nothing artificial in anything they make and there are NO preservatives on site.

Try em out, I did and I'm hooked!

Old 07-28-2010, 05:45 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,545,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furman94 View Post
I hate to sound cliche, but...

This place is awesome! I'll do a mini-review for those who have never been:

BPF is an independent German Restaurant, Deli and European Bakery on Woodruff Rd; they also carry a large variety of imported food products, chocolates, wines and beers from Germany. This place has a truly outstanding selection of artisan breads, pretzels, meats and cheeses; not to mention the wine and beer choices on the menu! REAL and actually FRESH pretzels, just like the ones you might find in Germany! (not even comparable to the junk you might find at the mall) The breads are incredible too - try the German Rye Sourdough with herbs. I have tried most everything on the menu.. its all the real deal! My favorite things would have to be the Obatzda (Brie and cream cheese spread flavored with paprika) Wurstsalat (sausage salad with onions and kraut) and Potatosalat (German potato salad) paired with a soft roll or pretzel roll. The cold cut and cheese plates are all great too! I haven't even mentioned the best part, though. The Kuchen! BPF's desserts are all delish, my favorite being the Tirolean apple cake, which is best paired with their Tirolean Mountain Roast coffee (their special medium roast blend from a co-op grower in Brazil)

The restaurant itself is really pretty neat for being so small - there are long benches with blue and green pillow cushions, a small marble table booth with barstools and a bar at the where you place your order.. the place smells heavenly too. Along the left side wall is the import aisle where you can choose from a selection of German goods. The staff and bakers are all friendly and eager to answer any questions you have about the food, and whats in it! That's part of what makes this place so special... these guys make food the way its been made for hundreds of years: fresh, simple and real. There is nothing artificial in anything they make and there are NO preservatives on site.

Try em out, I did and I'm hooked!
Thanks for the review! Some of this I knew, some I didn't. Great to see they carry German food products, since the only other place I knew of that carried some before (Haus Edelweiss was it?) has been closed for some time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area