Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 08:02 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,530,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I was there about a month or two ago and it was open. They closed too ?? This is very cruel for Ice Cream Lovers .....!!
I'll check it out tomorrow and let you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2010, 12:36 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,530,941 times
The Bruesters on the west end of Pelham (near Publix) is definitely open. I drove by yesterday and there was a line at the drive-through.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:07 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Okay everyone , I drove down to the Bruesters in Simpsonville. I got out of my car and looked inside. All the fixtures were gone. The only thing left in there were the ground wires.

Sadly you guys are right . They closed. The only last ditch hope is that they are remodeling. Wishful thinking , I know .

I drove by the Baskin Robbins but its just not the same as Bruesters...

Hopefully they reopen

Oh speaking of which. Do you guys know exactly where the new IMAX is located ? I drove down Fairview and did not see it .

Old 05-17-2010, 07:08 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
Quote:
Okay everyone , I drove down to the Bruesters in Simpsonville. I got out of my car and looked inside. All the fixtures were gone. The only thing left in there were the ground wires.

Sadly you guys are right . They closed. The only last ditch hope is that they are remodeling. Wishful thinking , I know .

I drove by the Baskin Robbins but its just not the same as Bruesters...

Hopefully they reopen

Oh speaking of which. Do you guys know exactly where the new IMAX is located ? I drove down Fairview and did not see it .
Head to one of the many other Bruesters. The one on Woodruff was doing brisk business this evening when I was by there.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:06 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,138,373 times
Quote:
Fairview across I-385 and then first left. Theater is about 1/4 mile on left next to old Chevy dealership.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:20 PM

642 posts, read 2,088,843 times
I noticed today when driving down main street in Simpsonville. Right next to the big clock they have a sign up that they are opening a ice cream shop there in that little building right next to the rail road tracks.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:53 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherinsc26 View Post
I noticed today when driving down main street in Simpsonville. Right next to the big clock they have a sign up that they are opening a ice cream shop there in that little building right next to the rail road tracks.
Weee ! That might be worth the drive ....

Old 08-03-2010, 03:06 PM

Reviving this old thread to tell you about The Ice Cream Station in Simpsonville. It is the one mentioned in the above post. Very resonable prices and it is owned by locals trying to make a go in hard times. We finally got around to trying it out this afternoon. I had a chocolate soft serve dipped in chocolate. We and the kids sat underneath the Birch trees on a bench and enjoyed it very much. The sign says they have the Dole Whips that could only be purchased in Disney World and Hawaii. Today they had Orange.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:25 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,545,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvidu View Post
The sign says they have the Dole Whips that could only be purchased in Disney World and Hawaii. Today they had Orange.
I heard about them this past week. What are Dole Whips? We went to the Dole plantation on Oahu in Hawaii a couple years ago, but it was a short stop, and there was so much in their store!

Old 08-03-2010, 06:05 PM

Hey Upstate, been there done that.
It is a smoothy made by Dole. Disney and The Dole Plantation both just serve Pineapple which we love. The Ice Cream Station had orange today. My son said he got a Mango last week. I asked the clerk when I could get pinapple and she did not know.
The sign says it is lactose free. That is the extent of my knowledge. At least on that subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area