Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2010, 05:56 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,544,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkBorn View Post
Greenville is a city with no tourist attractions and no beaches.....if they want to get excited about a new store at least let them have that.
So, why do we get so many tourists from Atlanta, etc? Please talk about something you know about (and the city where you currently reside).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2010, 06:29 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,182,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
I went to a Trader Joe's for the first time (was in southern California). I don't see what the big deal is. It's a very small grocery store that sells weird food.

I guess I'm weird and like weird food. I just dropped my daughter at the CLT airport on Wednesday, right after, my Mom and I hit the newest Trader Joes in Charlotte, I've been to the other two in the area. I didn't go anywhere else in CLT but there. I'll drive anywhere if there's a TJ's within a couple hours, cooler in car and knowing I'm going to have a great time shopping in there. Like I said, I guess I'm weird!

I think TJ's groupies understand each other. We're a rare breed, I guess.

Old 08-27-2010, 08:39 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,621,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
So, why do we get so many tourists from Atlanta, etc? Please talk about something you know about (and the city where you currently reside).
I live in Aiken and am going up to Greenville next week to sightsee. I can't wait to see the park downtown with the waterfall. If that's not a tourist attraction, I don't know what is! Not many places have a waterfall in the middle of downtown with a bridge you can walk over the falls!

I've come to the conclusion that many people are not happy in their own lives and must rag on silly things to make themselves feel better. many of these people don't even seem to realize how unhappy in life they are. Its' very strange. And there seems to be a lot of those type of people on this forum and they go out of their way to rag on things. Maybe they need cable or a book or some friends. Who knows!

Old 08-27-2010, 09:07 AM

3,549 posts, read 6,664,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkBorn View Post
Greenville is a city with no tourist attractions and no beaches.....
For those of us that live along the beach (along the gulf and east coast) the mountains are our "beach". We're currently planning our third trip to the mountains (Greenville area) this year, and have taken annual vacations away from the beach for years.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:38 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,792,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
I've come to the conclusion that many people are not happy in their own lives and must rag on silly things to make themselves feel better. many of these people don't even seem to realize how unhappy in life they are. Its' very strange. And there seems to be a lot of those type of people on this forum and they go out of their way to rag on things. Maybe they need cable or a book or some friends. Who knows!
I've come to the conclusion that many people are not happy in their own lives and must rag on other posters to make themselves feel better. many of these people don't even seem to realize how unhappy in life they are. Its' very strange. And there seems to be a lot of those type of people on this forum and they go out of their way to rag on other posters. Maybe they need cable or a book or some friends. Who knows!

Old 08-27-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I've come to the conclusion that many people are not happy in their own lives and must rag on other posters to make themselves feel better. many of these people don't even seem to realize how unhappy in life they are. Its' very strange. And there seems to be a lot of those type of people on this forum and they go out of their way to rag on other posters. Maybe they need cable or a book or some friends. Who knows!
So you copied my post twice....and your point? So you changed my "silly things" to your "posters". At least use your own words. Nothing like stealing someone else's. You literally copy and posted it....no quotes or anything! Really nice!

And for the record, I was NOT ragging on other posters! That was NOT my word!

Old 08-27-2010, 10:44 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,661,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
So you copied my post twice....and your point? So you changed my "silly things" to your "posters". At least use your own words. Nothing like stealing someone else's. You literally copy and posted it....no quotes or anything! Really nice!

And for the record, I was NOT ragging on other posters! That was NOT my word!
Nope. Read it again. Art changed a word. Fairly clever.

Some people post on this board are outright deceptive in their fake enthusiasm, so some of us are here to shine the light of truth on some of their huckster posts.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo7396 View Post
Nope. Read it again. Art changed a word. Fairly clever.

Some people post on this board are outright deceptive in their fake enthusiasm, so some of us are here to shine the light of truth on some of their huckster posts.
So he added other. He still stole my post and didn't quote it. I wasn't ragging on other posters. There is a lot of silliness on here.

There are people on here complaining about Trader Joe's coming and some things never make them happy. There are certain people that never have a good thing to say about anything! Then there's people who ***** and moan about what they have and what they don't have. Nothing seems to make them happy.

Imagine living in an area where Sonic and WalMart are the highlights for shopping and dining. And anything else is a good hour away or more. It stinks! There are lots of people who would love to have lots of these types of places much closer to home.

There's a huge fight on the Columbia board between Greenville folks and Columbia folks. Charleston somehow got in the mix also. It's just crazy! It really sounds like some folks have nothing better to do than ***** and moan about who's better. Yes, Greenville has some great things. Columbia has some great things. Charleston has some great things. Pretty much everywhere has something good about it. So why fight over which is the best? It's different for everyone!

Old 08-27-2010, 11:28 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,788,725 times
I would say something but apparently i'm a 21 year old without a job who doesn't attend college and still lives with his parents. Isn't that right Art123?

Old 08-27-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I would say something but apparently i'm a 21 year old without a job who doesn't attend college and still lives with his parents. Isn't that right Art123?
Yeah why do people rag on you? I've wondered that for at least a year now! And it seems like it's getting worse.

So how do you find out about all of the happenings all over SC? You seriously need to find a way to get paid for it! Maybe you already do. It does amaze me at what you post and it's not just in Greenville. You must have a boat load of sources!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area