Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 04:11 PM

306 posts, read 689,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Next month Walmart opens !
Wow, that soon! That's great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 11:15 AM

123 posts, read 437,370 times
Would anyone mind filling me in on what the people of Easley are like? Is it a friendly town? Does it have the small town feel? Is it made up of mostly native Southerners or are there a lot of transplants? Blue collar or white collar?

Old 03-15-2011, 01:31 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieLovesCarolina View Post
Would anyone mind filling me in on what the people of Easley are like? Is it a friendly town? Does it have the small town feel? Is it made up of mostly native Southerners or are there a lot of transplants? Blue collar or white collar?
I can only speak from what I have observed...

In my church, there are 75 % South Carolinians and 25% ( people from other places-myself included )...Most places I go there are a mix of Easley/SC born and transplants.

Easley is safe, quiet and friendly. Car insurance is HALF of what I used to pay ...Did I mention ?.... I LOVE Easley !

Your biggest crime is likely a stolen bicycle lol.....Did I say Safe ??? ...

Most people I know are teachers and state workers thus far...

You would love it here !

Old 03-15-2011, 10:48 PM

282 posts, read 750,717 times
Easley is a wonderful small town and close to Greenville and all that it offers. I have lived in Easley since 1998 and absolutely love it here! We are close to the lakes and the mountains. You will love exploring all that we have to offer. Many people transplant here and newcomers are made to feel very welcome. There are both blue and white collar workers here.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:04 PM

123 posts, read 437,370 times
Thank you for the responses. Easley sounds like a wonderful place. I currently pay over $230 a month (over 30, married, no tickets, no accidents) for one car so I'm definitely looking forward to low insurance rates.

Quote:
Your biggest crime is likely a stolen bicycle lol.....Did I say Safe ??? ...
Safety is a huge concern for me so I'm glad to know that it's a low crime area. I can't imagine what kind a person would steal a bicycle though. Honestly, what has the world come to?

Does it still have a Southern feel to it though? My family is originally from the Lancaster/York County area and that area is so overrun with the Charlotte sprawl that it's lost it's Southern feel. I guess what I'm looking for is the little Southern town that I remember in my youth where people are friendly and say hello to you on the street, where you can strike up a conversation with the person next to you in the grocery line without getting an odd look, people wave to you when you drive by & neighbors bring you a sweet potato pie when you move in, etc, etc. Please tell me that still exists somewhere.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:28 PM

282 posts, read 750,717 times
That still does exist in Easley

Old 03-17-2011, 08:24 PM

807 posts, read 1,783,880 times
Default Easley

Sheri is right, it does exist! I took my neighbors from NY a tray when they moved in and I always talk to people in the grocery store, dept. store or wherever. We love Easley!!

Old 03-18-2011, 09:59 AM

23 posts, read 50,577 times
We are retiring in 8 months and seriously considering the Greenville/Spartanville region. I see from many of the posts including this wonderful one for Easley that all the locations are in relatively close driving ranges. But what area in this region would be the best place to retire? My wife and love theater (cinema and live) walking and biking, tennis, swimming, water aerobics, nice resturants.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:54 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieLovesCarolina View Post
Thank you for the responses. Easley sounds like a wonderful place. I currently pay over $230 a month (over 30, married, no tickets, no accidents) for one car so I'm definitely looking forward to low insurance rates.

Safety is a huge concern for me so I'm glad to know that it's a low crime area. I can't imagine what kind a person would steal a bicycle though. Honestly, what has the world come to?

Does it still have a Southern feel to it though? My family is originally from the Lancaster/York County area and that area is so overrun with the Charlotte sprawl that it's lost it's Southern feel. I guess what I'm looking for is the little Southern town that I remember in my youth where people are friendly and say hello to you on the street, where you can strike up a conversation with the person next to you in the grocery line without getting an odd look, people wave to you when you drive by & neighbors bring you a sweet potato pie when you move in, etc, etc. Please tell me that still exists somewhere.
One of the neat things about Easley is that they have alot of events downtown. You name it and they have celebrated it ! If you drive on the 123/93 split you will always see a sign there, that something great is coming to our city

Easley is having their 100 Year Celebration ( Easley Combined Utilities ) on April 28th so I entered the Raffle Drawing for a Golf Cart .They are having a BIG party on ( Peachtree Street ) The ticket was only $2 but I want to see the event !

Edit : The event is free, the raffle ticket was $ 2

Old 03-18-2011, 11:01 AM

5,590 posts, read 15,371,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarwolve View Post
We are retiring in 8 months and seriously considering the Greenville/Spartanville region. I see from many of the posts including this wonderful one for Easley that all the locations are in relatively close driving ranges. But what area in this region would be the best place to retire? My wife and love theater (cinema and live) walking and biking, tennis, swimming, water aerobics, nice resturants.
What is your preferred price range, style of home, and type of location (urban, suburban, rural, village)? Based on your interests, I am confident that you would love Greenville's downtown area. If you decide against downtown, then I would highly recommend living near the Swamp Rabbit Trail, primarily the areas closest to Downtown, Cleveland Park, Faris Road, and Augusta Road.

Check out the Life Center at Greenville Hospital System. Their great amenities include aquatics, among many others.

For tennis, check out the Greenville Tennis Club, located in the Five Forks area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area