Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 03:43 PM

9 posts, read 17,509 times

Advertisements

My family and I want to relocate from Minnesota to somewhere around north or south Carolina and have heard allot of great stuff about Greenville SC. I am graduating from law school here in Minnesota this July and was wondering if someone could let us know about the legal job market in that area. After reading a large amount of the Greenville SC forums and looking at the websites the area appears to be a great fit from my family. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 04:23 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,545,659 times
Judging from the number of commercials for attorneys on daytime TV here, you should do fine! (just kidding, I have no idea what type law you will be practicing) You'll really need to come visit for at least a few days to tour the metro area and maybe head up into the mountains as well. We're 3 hours from the coast, and at the doorstep of the Blue Ridge Mountains (you can frequently clearly see the mountains from many places around the area). Others with more knowledge will chime in on schools, real estate, etc. Come on down!

Old 05-12-2010, 04:39 PM

9 posts, read 17,509 times
Default Thanks for your input

I want to practice in either criminal or family law. During law school I worked as a prosecutor and really enjoyed it. Great idea about making a trip down to SC. We are going to try to get down there in June sometime for a long weekend to look around.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:45 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,793,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMillerlaw View Post
I want to practice in either criminal or family law. During law school I worked as a prosecutor and really enjoyed it. Great idea about making a trip down to SC. We are going to try to get down there in June sometime for a long weekend to look around.
If you go by the crime stats (or just read the news), there is plenty of opportunity for a criminal lawyer here.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:58 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,545,659 times
SMiller, kindly ignore those who have an obvious ax to grind. Check things out for yourself. There are lots of folks here to help with any info you need.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:17 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,793,158 times
Apparently posting accurate data = "ax to grind."

Old 05-19-2010, 10:38 AM

156 posts, read 332,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Apparently posting accurate data = "ax to grind."
Thank you for your truthful post, its a breath of fresh air on this board and I knew someone would have to bash you for it. Let's keep this forum real...............

Old 05-19-2010, 04:50 PM

1,556 posts, read 3,548,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
SMiller, kindly ignore those who have an obvious ax to grind. Check things out for yourself. There are lots of folks here to help with any info you need.
SMiller.....before moving to Greenville please visit all of the Greenville area and not just downtown. It is a very nice downtown area but some become so razzle dazzled by it that they do not look at Greenville with a critical eye. Personally after living in Greenville (nice city) but if I were you I would look at its more progressive neighbor to the north, Charlotte NC....I am sure the pay will be much better there.

Also beware Greenville has several boosters that will cover the bad at all costs and try to stop others from telling you the truth!

Old 05-19-2010, 08:13 PM

306 posts, read 689,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkBorn View Post
Also beware Greenville has several boosters that will cover the bad at all costs and try to stop others from telling you the truth!
You seem to say that same thing on every post! If you are "Back in New York City, thank God!" then why are you on Greenville's forum?

Old 05-19-2010, 08:29 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,662,025 times
He had a bad experience here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area