U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 12:05 PM

11,344 posts, read 22,680,426 times

Advertisements

Before anybody asks seeing how I am a Drive employee, no I am not one of the employees that was ticketed. I would never sell beer to somebody not wearing a wristband at the ballpark. As a person who has done ID bracelets with the Drive before, I have to say it can be very hard to tell a fake from a real ID sometimes with all the different state and even country ones that come through. You have to be very cautious and alert. Every single person that comes through the ID station no matter how old they look must have an ID to get a bracelet. We also have to look out for people taking off their wristbands and giving it to somebody under 21 along with somebody purchasing a beer for one of their friends who is under 21. If you do see people at the 500 Club or ID stations not following the rules, please contact us. Thanks. I do know people who work at the 500 Club/give out wristbands and will not discuss who was ticketed:

Police: Drive Employees Sold Beer To Minors - Greenville News Story - WYFF Greenville (http://www.wyff4.com/news/23633267/detail.html - broken link)

Last edited by g-man430; 05-21-2010 at 12:47 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 12:14 PM

7,987 posts, read 11,998,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Before anybody asks seeing how I am a Drive employee, no I am not one of the employees that was ticketed. I would never sell beer to somebody not wearing a wristband at the ballpark. As a person who has done ID bracelets with the Drive before, I have to say sometimes it can be very hard to tell a fake from a real ID sometimes with all the different state and even country ones that come through. You have to be very cautious and alert. Every single person that comes through the ID station no matter how old they look must have an ID to get a bracelet. We also have to look out for people taking off their wristbands and giving it somebody under 21 along with somebody purchasing a beer for one of their friends who is under 21. If you do see people at the 500 Club or ID stations not following the rules, please contact us. Thanks. I do know people who work at the 500 Club/give out wristbands and will not discuss who was ticketed:

Police: Drive Employees Sold Beer To Minors - Greenville News Story - WYFF Greenville (http://www.wyff4.com/news/23633267/detail.html - broken link)
I must be looking old these days......I rarely get carded anymore! How great it would be to get carded all the time again!

Old 05-21-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
I must be looking old these days......I rarely get carded anymore! How great it would be to get carded all the time again!
That's one of the main reasons I card everybody. It makes the ones who are old enough to be my grandpa feel young again.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:22 PM

7,987 posts, read 11,998,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
That's one of the main reasons I card everybody. It makes the ones who are old enough to be my grandpa feel young again.
LMAO!!!! Thank you! I'm not old enough to be your gandpa.....father maybe, but not grandpa. Let me know which spot you sell beer at....I'll buy mine from you next time.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:26 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,716,510 times
19 year olds DRINKING??? The shock of it all. So, was anyone whooping it up too loud or something? Damned busy-body coppers.... Party crashers!!

Old 05-21-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
LMAO!!!! Thank you! I'm not old enough to be your gandpa.....father maybe, but not grandpa. Let me know which spot you sell beer at....I'll buy mine from you next time.
I haven't sold beer/given out ID bracelets at the Drive in a long time but if I do again i'll let you know.

Last edited by g-man430; 05-21-2010 at 12:49 PM..

Old 05-21-2010, 12:39 PM

1,016 posts, read 1,986,413 times
But the law is the law. If you do not like the law do somthing to get it changed. If one of them had left the ballpark under the influence and killed a family member you would feel different.

Old 05-21-2010, 02:03 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,716,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvidu View Post
But the law is the law. If you do not like the law do somthing to get it changed. If one of them had left the ballpark under the influence and killed a family member you would feel different.
Just trying to keep it light... I mean, if it was 12 year olds or something else, I'd feel differently.

Old 05-21-2010, 02:46 PM

5,235 posts, read 8,252,365 times
Looks like there might be a few more seasonal job openings in Greenville!

Old 05-21-2010, 04:21 PM

5,111 posts, read 7,294,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Looks like there might be a few more seasonal job openings in Greenville!
Lol. It is very easy to get set up and busted, that's why you should card everyone regardless of age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area