Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 04:47 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,409,611 times

Advertisements

Move or don't move, your choice. Memories are memories no matter where you live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 11:53 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,262,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Move or don't move, your choice. Memories are memories no matter where you live.
Yes, but a change of enviroment can help stop those memories from overwhelming you and making life difficult to go with.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:54 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,597,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Yes, but a change of enviroment can help stop those memories from overwhelming you and making life difficult to go with.
I agree. I can't see any good coming from staying in a home where your heart will always hurt with sad memories, when you can be in a home where you are creating new memories that may help with healing.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:21 PM

3 posts, read 5,893 times
my fiance passed this may i moved back with my mom. I never thought i would be 30 living with my mom, i really think that it has helped me a lot to get away. When i make frequent trips to my house i cry the whole time im there. im still not sure if it would have been comforting to stay or worse. id like to think its better this way since i dont have every single memory there to remind me

Old 07-15-2012, 01:58 PM

379 posts, read 536,643 times
Default Moving on

As many of you will remember from a previous post, I decided to put my house on the market and try to buy one on a private road behind me, very close to 3 families who have "adopted" me into their families. I go to their church and they are wonderful people.

I was at first apprehensive at just the thought of ever moving from this house I shared with my late husband, but something drew me to this other house. I thought a change might just be good for me, even though it had only been three months since my DH passed away. I prayed about it and thought, well, if the good Lord wants me to do this, it will happen; if not, then I will stay here and change a few things about the house.

I listed my house and moved out a lot of stuff; I mean a LOT. I decided to change my decor whether I stayed or not, so all the decorations went to the garage for a garage sale. The garage sale was a big success! The day before the garage sale, my realtor called and said she wanted to show the house on Sunday. Great! It was shown to a young couple who were very interested.

Monday she brought a man from California (he and his wife had just moved here); he loved it, brought his wife back on Tuesday, and they made an offer on Tuesday; offer accepted!! I sold my house in 2 weeks!! This made me think that it was meant to be, and I am meant to get that other house. The owners of the new house had already accepted my offer, so things are moving along.

Sometimes you just never know what lies ahead of you. You never know what change will occur in your life. I am thinking positively about this new house, excited to get in there and re-paint and re-floor the house.

With the housing market the way it is, I am blessed to have sold this house so soon. I truly believe it is all part of God's plan.

On another note....a while back I also wrote how I hadn't cried in some time, and I was feeling a little guilty about that. On my way home from church this morning, a song came on the radio that made the tears start flowing again.....Diamond Rio's "One More Day." "One more day, one more time, one more sunset maybe I'd be satisfied, but then again I know what it would do, leave me wishing still for one more day with you." The tears are flowing, again....because what I would give to have one more day too. If I had just known that Sunday, April 1st he would be gone, I would have done something....told him one more time...lay in bed with him as he was struggling to breathe.....something. Anything. The day before he died he was pretty much sleeping all day, and I couldn't arouse him, so I just let him sleep.

The pain is piercing my heart all over again and the memories are flooding back. The words of the song remind me....ever so vividly....how much I miss him.

Thanks for listening.

Old 07-15-2012, 03:18 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,306,341 times
tngirl -

First, I want to acknowledge your pain and your heartache about losing your husband. A song, a smell, a sunset - anything can start the memories flowing again - but you are on your way to healing. You will always miss him and there may always be triggers, but hopefully with time the sharp edges will dull some. I don't think we ever need to feel guilty - because, as you've found, your heart will catch you unaware at the strangest times. Peace to you.

Your housing situation - what a blessing for you! I know you are apprehensive to some degree about moving, but I know your husband would want you active and involved and excited about what life holds for you, and it does just look like everything is falling into place. I'm so pleased that you have had such success and that things are looking so positive. And I know your husband would be glad to see you excited about paint colors and redecorating. Just keep looking forward - you have a very positive outlook and a deep faith that will see you through, I just know it!

Old 07-15-2012, 03:22 PM

Default Thank you

Thank you Sam I Am, you knew exactly what to say. Your words are very comforting, truly they are.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:19 PM

2,891 posts, read 1,836,686 times
Praises going up! So happy for you TNGirl. Yes, sometimes as Sam I Am said, something can just trigger the tears.

Just writing the above, I would like to share with you. Thursday evening, 1 week before our 42nd wedding anniversary,
THUNDER, lightening storm of the first class ! Most unusual for this area. DH loved this kind of storm! So I like to think
of it as an early anniversary gift from him.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sera View Post
Praises going up! So happy for you TNGirl. Yes, sometimes as Sam I Am said, something can just trigger the tears.

Just writing the above, I would like to share with you. Thursday evening, 1 week before our 42nd wedding anniversary,
THUNDER, lightening storm of the first class ! Most unusual for this area. DH loved this kind of storm! So I like to think
of it as an early anniversary gift from him.
sera, I'm sure it was a gift...it's those little suttle things that we know are just not happenstance! Truly a meaningful gift.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:07 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,262,071 times
How's the new house coming along, tngirl? Are busy, busy, busy? Thinking happy thoughts for you up here in Taxachusetts. How are YOU?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning