Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 07:42 PM

379 posts, read 536,643 times

Advertisements

Barb, I have been away from this group for a little while. I just caught up on your posts about you and your mom. I am so sorry for your loss. Your mom sounds like an amazing woman who raised an amazing daughter.

I have lost both my parents and now my husband. But the love and support of family and friends, especially the ones here on CD, have gotten me through some of the toughest times. You have family here with us, and we are always here for you.

Remember to take one day at a time, grieve at your own pace, and take good care of yourself. I know how draining caregiving can be. Like my husband did with me, I'm sure your mom appreciated all you did for her. Now it is time to sit back and breathe. Take one day at a time, you will always have your mom with you in your heart.

May God give you the strength to get through every minute of every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 01:33 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,180,979 times
Barb,
I am a coward!. I still have both parents. Dad is 67 and still working, mom is 63 and not working but has alot of health issues.
Being adopted is no excuse but I terrified of the day I lose one of them..
They are the only link to love that I know. My being 38 and having friends whom are losing their parents have made my anxiety hit the roof.
Point in fact being a good friend of mine whom is a native to hi. has been there all week because her father whom was in perfect health a year ago was put in hospice a week ago.
I have had to see her posts on fb stating that his system has shut down, he had to have a full does of morphine, her kids were there to read to their grandpa...
The fact that she was humming hymns to him and stayed there all night and it was expected? And how she fell asleep there last night? And how he waited till they all woke up before he let go? was heart breaking to me.. I do not know ho people get by or even function after their parents die..It is something I feel I have no strength for. Give me the toughest case but do not tell me I lost my daddy or mommy. Where do you all gather this strength from? I am so sorry...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning