Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2012, 06:50 AM

1,956 posts, read 4,886,394 times

Advertisements

Yesterday it made 7 months that my dad is gone. Still can't believe it. Feels like a bad nightmare. Then just last week, my cousin's dog had to be put to sleep. She was 12 years old. I saw her 2 weeks ago and she was fine. What a terrible year. Last year I lost my grandma ( Dad's mom ) and then lost my dad and my cousin's dog this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 08:21 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,260,869 times
7 months already, Tony? I'm sure for you every day just grinds by but to those of us on this side, it sure doesn't seem like it. Sorry about your cousin's pup.

Today is 10 months since Earl passed and though the days used to stand still, they now race by. I do believe it's because GOD eased that physically hurting pain inside my chest.

Old 11-22-2012, 06:58 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,298,688 times
Sorry for your losses. We had losses this year also. Try to focus on your loving memories. And, go get some grief counseling, it will help. Also, there are several online websites regarding grief and loss, some w/ forums to talk to others experiencing the same feelings. That will help too. Hope next year is a better year for you and your family.
There are tons of grief and loss websites. Both the links below have forums where you may share and read about others losses, it will help you not to feel alone. Grief is often hard...But whatever you feel is ok...You have a right to your feelings. Try these forums and see if they help a bit.
Bereavement Support Groups | Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
Grief and Loss Forum, Grief and Loss support group community

Old 11-22-2012, 08:08 AM

1,956 posts, read 4,886,394 times
Thanks

Old 11-22-2012, 08:34 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,260,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Sorry for your losses. We had losses this year also. Try to focus on your loving memories. And, go get some grief counseling, it will help. Also, there are several online websites regarding grief and loss, some w/ forums to talk to others experiencing the same feelings. That will help too. Hope next year is a better year for you and your family.
There are tons of grief and loss websites. Both the links below have forums where you may share and read about others losses, it will help you not to feel alone. Grief is often hard...But whatever you feel is ok...You have a right to your feelings. Try these forums and see if they help a bit.
Bereavement Support Groups | Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
Grief and Loss Forum, Grief and Loss support group community
LOL, Jan, I thought that's what I thought we were doing already.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:23 AM

166 posts, read 195,086 times
I cant wait for it to end too. My girlfriend passed in Feb, her son in law a few months ago and now my girlfriend's boyfriend TODAY..Today is my brother's birthday. He passed 10 years ago. I HATE 2012.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:04 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,408,735 times
Tony, I really do think you might benefit from grief counseling as well. Maybe talking to others to have lost a loved one might help you? Just a gentle thought. But we all grieve in different ways and with different time tables. I lost my mom 4 months ago and have been dealing with it the best way I know how. Some days are better than others.

One way I have dealt with grief is to remind myself every day, "Mom wouldn't want to see you so sad or depressed. Keep your chin up, don't have a pity party, go out and live life. This is what she would want for you." Sometimes this thought helps. Whenever I start crying, I allow myself to cry and get it out of my system, then I consciously think of something unrelated and pleasant. I work on not wallowing in sadness.

I've found that slowly letting go of grief does not mean letting go of the loved on you have lost. They live in your heart forever. Concentrate on the many wonderful memories. Don't be bitter than you'll not see them again, be happy for all the wonderful times you spent in their company. And eventually, one day... you'll wake up and feel a little better. That day may be in a week, a month, a year, or 5 years, but there's light at the end of the tunnel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning