Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 08:14 AM

3,428 posts, read 3,359,022 times

Advertisements

Just recently a woman in Chicago lost her son to street violence. She was a mother of 4 and within a 20-year period, had to bury ALL FOUR (3 sons, 1 daughter). I don't know this woman at all, but I broke down in tears for her! Even losing ONE child is devastating, but all four??? I have no idea how in the hell this poor woman could continue on, 'cause I would be suicidal!!! NO one should have to bury a child, and for those here who have lost one, I am at a complete loss for words! Am I a "weakling" to cry for someone who's lost a child?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 02:18 PM

2,244 posts, read 2,417,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Just recently a woman in Chicago lost her son to street violence. She was a mother of 4 and within a 20-year period, had to bury ALL FOUR (3 sons, 1 daughter). I don't know this woman at all, but I broke down in tears for her! Even losing ONE child is devastating, but all four??? I have no idea how in the hell this poor woman could continue on, 'cause I would be suicidal!!! NO one should have to bury a child, and for those here who have lost one, I am at a complete loss for words! Am I a "weakling" to cry for someone who's lost a child?
While that's very sad, she should have done everything she could to move out of her neighborhood. I don't understand people who continue to live in these gang ridden neighborhoods.

Old 06-06-2014, 02:20 PM

836 posts, read 1,034,000 times
I saw that article earlier today. Crazy! That is insane. All 4 children!! Poor woman. Unfortunately, getting up and moving is a lot easier said than done. Will she have a job lined up? Maybe she has family in the area (and we all know it takes a village...). We don't know her circumstances.

It is a really unfortunate situation though. I feel for her.

Old 06-06-2014, 03:48 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,247,062 times
You're not a weakling at all Rick, just human and sympathetic. What a sad story. I couldn't go on after losing one child, much less 4. I haven't seen the story, so know nothing about her area, but I'd assume she lived where she could afford.

Old 06-06-2014, 05:25 PM

3,428 posts, read 3,359,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
While that's very sad, she should have done everything she could to move out of her neighborhood. I don't understand people who continue to live in these gang ridden neighborhoods.
You ever stop to think that some people just can't afford to move?

Old 06-11-2014, 03:26 AM

1,014 posts, read 1,568,953 times
Couldnt afford to stay either evidentally.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:34 AM

998 posts, read 1,217,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisce4 View Post
I saw that article earlier today. Crazy! That is insane. All 4 children!! Poor woman. Unfortunately, getting up and moving is a lot easier said than done. Will she have a job lined up? Maybe she has family in the area (and we all know it takes a village...). We don't know her circumstances.

It is a really unfortunate situation though. I feel for her.
"(and we all know it takes a village...)." To what, kill a family?

Old 06-11-2014, 12:25 PM

1,794 posts, read 4,932,861 times
ItsRick,
It's not crazy that you feel grief for the woman who lost all 4 of her children.
It means you feel empathy for others pain.
It is becoming more and more rare for people to actually have feelings towards
others in society today.
It's sad really.
That is why killing each other is so common place today.

Old 06-11-2014, 01:55 PM

998 posts, read 1,217,760 times
The real question here is how many people did her thug children kill before they were killed?

They were hard core Chicago gang bangers who were in prison for the few crimes they were caught committing.

Now that Chicago allows citizens to CCW & shoot criminals for theft, destruction of property & threatening life, crime & murder will fall.

Old 06-11-2014, 04:19 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,704,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeKrewe View Post
The real question here is how many people did her thug children kill before they were killed?

They were hard core Chicago gang bangers who were in prison for the few crimes they were caught committing.

Now that Chicago allows citizens to CCW & shoot criminals for theft, destruction of property & threatening life, crime & murder will fall.
You took the thought out of my head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning