Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 12:10 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,598,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
Because they don't take N/A and they refuse to treat. Do you expect them to take the responsibility if something goes wrong? or assume liability? Then there is the "who is here to drive you home? and no we cannot release you to a taxi or van service?"

No it isn't stupid or silly or any other name calling you may come up with . Where I live it is a fact of doing business, maybe not where you live.
I had to use the N/A for a while when my daughter was living in Hungary, and I didn't want to involve my sister-in-law who lived out of state, and the ER had no issue at all. My doctor's office doesn't require a notification person, at least it wasn't a question on my initial input form. And, when I was discharged from the ER, I couldn't drive home because of the pain meds they gave me for the stitches. The ER receptionist told me they have two cab companies on call, she called, and a cab came for me in about 10 minutes. This is in Arizona. But a few years ago, I was in Connecticut for a reunion and broke my ankle. I drove to the ER, but since I couldn't drive home, they released me to a cab that they had on call just like in AZ. From experience, in Colorado, Arizona and Connecticut I've never had an issue with not being treated when I listed N/A for person to notify, or being discharged and sent home in a cab the ER receptionist called for me. I wonder if policies might have changed in your state as of late?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2014, 07:36 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,343,218 times
maybe things have changed. it has been awhile since it was a problem.

Am in FL

one thing is changed is that if you go to doctors associated with Florida Hospital, all records are electronic and commonly held by the hospital. am getting used to that

Old 08-24-2014, 09:15 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,336,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Oh, that is SO good to hear! I get so worried about her, so I'm glad to know she's doing okay. I didn't know Sherry had died, too. I knew her babies were older, that was why she was a little leery to go to Laughlin, but I had no idea they would both pass so soon. I'm really glad she has you for a friend. You're pretty amazing, and it's great that you guys live fairly close so you can be there for each other. Thank you for updating us!
Marcy (and Tami too!)...Smilin's dogs were the last members of her family. And, I can definitely relate to "losing everyone." Thankfully, I still have my son's cat Gracie left so I'm not totally alone. (Yet.)...Smilin is going through a rough time right now but I have confidence that she'll be able to "re-group" down the road a bit...It's a shocker to face being totally all alone. (With no family left anymore.) I'm still working through my grief...Smilin and I live a little over 3 hours from each other. (Not as close as we'd like!) But, Smilin is talking about coming up to visit again soon. YEA! We could both use some "togetherness" and a little more fun in our lives.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:23 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,336,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
Ty all. RedBird, last night I awoke and looked for my dogs on the bed and they weren't there and I panicked and then remembered they are gone and I cried. My dogs were the last of my family. Now it is just me. I did have a neighbor call me to check up on me and that felt good. I have no reason to leave early or make a excuse I have to be home for my dogs. Quite the adjustment and you are right, I need to take this time to grieve.
Smilin...I'm so sorry you lost your dogs. Take all the time you need to grieve...Don't let anyone tell you to "get over it" fast! It's only been a few days since you lost Sherry. And, a couple of months since you lost Dixie...It's going to take time to process all of your feelings. It's sad!...Anyway, we're all "rooting" for you, and care about you!

Old 08-24-2014, 12:13 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,265,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Smilin...I'm so sorry you lost your dogs. Take all the time you need to grieve...Don't let anyone tell you to "get over it" fast! It's only been a few days since you lost Sherry. And, a couple of months since you lost Dixie...It's going to take time to process all of your feelings. It's sad!...Anyway, we're all "rooting" for you, and care about you!
What CA said! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

smilin', I STILL cry over pets that have been gone 30-40 years ago!! I loved them so much. I love all my pets hard. They don't argue or sass me back. I HAD to get Chopper to help my grief of my Eskie, Mickey. I'm so glad I did. He is just a love kitty. Of course I chained myself to my house again cuz I can travel with TwoBee but not with Chops. When the time is right you may go get a "pound puppy". You have too much love inside you to not!

Old 08-24-2014, 10:11 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,228,130 times
Thank you all for your encouraging acknowledgments. I just feel sad all of the time. I was where I was a year ago. I will seek some help to get through this. I am struggling. So many things happened to me over the last few months, it could have been stick of dynamite that exploded in front of me and parts of me went every which way. If it wasn't for the help and guidance of CA I don't think I would have made it this far. She is with me every step of the way since my Sherry died. There are other issues I am facing and I was blindsided and poor CA is trying to help me and at times I am not getting it because I am in shock over the circumstances.

CA I hope you are available next week, I really need to visit with you.

Old 08-24-2014, 11:44 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,049,434 times
Having a setback because of losing your dog is understandable, but I think
you will see soon that it's a temporary set back..Godspeed !!!!

Old 08-25-2014, 07:26 AM

15,676 posts, read 10,460,244 times
I am so sorry for your many devastating losses, sp. Your depression is so understandable. I hope you will seek some medical help for your mental health issues. There is medication that may help you with your depression. I hope you find the strength to pick up that phone and call your doctor.

Please be kind to yourself, sp.

Old 08-25-2014, 04:56 PM

757 posts, read 1,332,428 times
I suffer with severe depression and wanted to share with you my thoughts on feeling hopeless and being sad all the time.

I have come to a point where I no longer feel the depression, it no longer upsets me that I have no emergency contact to put down. Nothing bothers me. I just don't feel. No sadness, but no laughter either.

You are grieving for the loss of something that was a part of your heart. It's okay to be sad, to feel hopeless and lost. Allow yourself to feel and process all your emotions. Get mad, scream, remember some good times you shared and let that memory make your heart smile and feel warm.

See, they will never really be gone as long as you keep them alive in your heart. Remember the memories and while you allow yourself to grieve, also allow yourself to feel your love and their love for you, in your heart.

Life will never be the same as it was. But, keep feeling, take little steps, and soon the new you will emerge from the darkness.

Hugs

Old 08-27-2014, 06:35 PM

671 posts, read 692,399 times
Default All great encouragements

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Your posts have moved me and I hope you will give yourself time to appreciate this part of the grieving process is necessary.

When my german shepherd died, I buried her in my back yard. Later that night I woke up in the middle of the night and ran to the window to see if I had only dreamed it. That really hurt me because I thought I had only dreamed it.

I really took her death hard. I had her since she was a pup.

So I know what you are feeling. A lot of CD friends reached out to me when my baby girl Myla passed. But I allowed myself to grieve. Please be patient with yourself and allow yourself to feel those emotions.
Quote:
Marcy (and Tami too!)...Smilin's dogs were the last members of her family. And, I can definitely relate to "losing everyone." Thankfully, I still have my son's cat Gracie left so I'm not totally alone. (Yet.)...Smilin is going through a rough time right now but I have confidence that she'll be able to "re-group" down the road a bit...It's a shocker to face being totally all alone. (With no family left anymore.) I'm still working through my grief...Smilin and I live a little over 3 hours from each other. (Not as close as we'd like!) But, Smilin is talking about coming up to visit again soon. YEA! We could both use some "togetherness" and a little more fun in our lives.
Quote:
I was thinking that one never really can understand what another is going through...until we could possibly walk in her shoes. To be hit with such tremendous losses, so close to each other, is such a traumatic insult. Sometimes, the brain and body just can't keep up.

Also, depression and experiencing trauma sequelae can be ongoing and cyclical for quite a while. Other external and life factors come into play...as well as hormones.

So, the ebb and flow of your depression can be based on so many things...But, it sounds like you've received a lot of support, and have a lot of friends here on CD. How fortunate you are!!!

Take their support, love, and care really to heart. Time will help to heal, as will your friends' help and support. OK? Convince yourself that it WILL get better!!!

hugs, Dandiday
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning