Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2015, 10:45 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times

Advertisements

Jerry, All you can do is tell her about it but it has to be her idea. Many people fear online anything..and I can totally understand. We are just a few of the lucky ones to have a great supportive and honestly caring group.
I'm very concerned about my old kitty. She is just not acting right...I'm just going to make a quick run to the post office, the store for more cat food, dog goodies and home. I am praying to see some improvement soon. The antibiotic should be out of her system but being so sick really wore her down and she is 18 years old. My babies.....

Old 08-05-2015, 11:21 AM

48,146 posts, read 22,010,341 times
Keeping you and your old kitty in my thoughts....I hope she feels better soon. Can a cat eat yogurt....that might help her distress if a cats system is similar to ours. Antibiotics can do a number on the digestive process. Poor girl.

Old 08-05-2015, 12:22 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,323,402 times
Just a quick hi, my Cyn.
The movers are coming tomorrow to pack everything, our cars are sold... It's really real!
Big hugs

Old 08-05-2015, 01:42 PM

Thanks for the thought elston--one thing I can remember Gordie always telling me--just leave her/him alone--give them some space. It's hard for me because I want them all better now! I have been making sure she is getting plenty of water and petting her but not gonna force anything else on her right now. She is to old for this and I am worried sick. She did go in the litter box when I put her in it. She is just tired.....
So exciting sudcaro--I can remember that feeling and all the same things when we moved here from CA. Such a happy time and yet I was a little sad to leave my home. But our first years here were great. I hope you plan on staying in touch girl!

Old 08-05-2015, 02:02 PM

218 posts, read 207,669 times
If it is none of my business, that is okay... being a recent "member" I wonder: moving to an assisted or other senior arrangement, or just moving to be closer to someone(s)?

I'm now alone in NJ family-wise, but don't want to move to CA either. Suppose I'll ride out the bereavement process for another year or so and then I may be able to think more clearly on making deals.

Old 08-05-2015, 02:29 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,204,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry_NJ View Post
If it is none of my business, that is okay... being a recent "member" I wonder: moving to an assisted or other senior arrangement, or just moving to be closer to someone(s)?

I'm now alone in NJ family-wise, but don't want to move to CA either. Suppose I'll ride out the bereavement process for another year or so and then I may be able to think more clearly on making deals.
She's moving to FRANCE, Jerry! I never caught why but I assume it is for hubby's work?

Yes, the rule of thumb is don't make any major decisions for at least a year if possible, after the death of a spouse. It is a good idea too.

Old 08-05-2015, 03:22 PM

That is where Sudcro is from--France. They moved to the USA for her DH's work, had a baby, our baby suds, and now it's time to move back. I don't know the details but she has had many struggles so going home to France will be good I would imagine! I just hope she stays in touch. I am thinking she will.
And Tami is right--no big decisions the first year if possible. See Jerry I am from CA born and raised my entire life until 8 years ago when we up and moved to NC. It was perfect then but being alone makes it difficult now. My son did move here but not to close and they work all the time--still working on getting my daughter to move here too. I'd love that! Ca is just to expensive to live and honestly they say you can never go back--got to move forward. It wouldn't be the same Ca I left!
Good news, Ferrah, my kitty, did eat a little dinner--good sign--fingers crossed and prayers being said for her!

Old 08-05-2015, 04:35 PM

48,146 posts, read 22,010,341 times
Glad to hear that Ferrah ate a little dinner.

California's drought is going to radically alter life in CA. I saw there was a fire today down near where I lived in San Diego County. We had a big fire while I lived there.....the police came to my apartment and advised me to be ready to evacuate. We didnt have to but it came close. The supermarket parking lot was filled with horse trailors and other livestock evacuated down from the out lying areas. It was scary to see the hills on fire....just about a mile away from where I lived and in an area I frequently drove thru.....I feel so badly for the people and all the critters who are in harms way.

Old 08-05-2015, 06:12 PM

218 posts, read 207,669 times
my daughter and family live in Mill Valley, across the GG Bridge about 10 miles. They have a nice home that cost at least 3 times what a similar structure and neighborhood would cost in NJ - not that I'm advocating NJ, it has similar politics to CA and thus high taxes and few benefits, the weather here too is very uncomfortable in the summer. My son is a medical doctor in critical care anesthesiology and seems able to handle the high cost... but he is single and rents a condo. He's south of SF a few miles. They both love CA albeit the drought is a major concern.

I mentioned earlier my son's mt biking in Bend Oregon... South Western OR may be my future destination, or my home state Colorado.

I've got a long way to go to be able to separate myself from all/most of the things here that I associate with my wife. Don't know how I am going to get there - always had a problem with being too sentimental about physical things.

Old 08-06-2015, 05:09 AM

Good morning everyone.
When the time is right you will know it Jerry!
Oh elston, I know all to well about wild fires in CA...I lost my home to one and have lived through 2 others that barely missed my homes. I don't miss those or the drama they create. It is terrifying for people and critters.
Sure wish I knew why I am waking up at 3am??? Can't go back to sleep so I just lay in bed and toss and turn. I'm doing everything the same. I go to bed about 9:30pm but don't actually fall asleep until about 10:30pm. So waking up at 3am is just to early. Also I washed the living room carpet yesterday and did a lot of cleaning because of Ferrah being sick so I should have really been tired. I kept falling asleep just sitting in my chair watching tv. Just to much on my mind maybe. It's weird because I go from a dead sleep to wide awake! I will ask my therapist today as it is my appointment day anyhow. I had a neighbor friend stop by and purchase a few odds and ends from the shop..gave me some extra cash so I went and stocked up on cat food. Never have to much of that. Ferrah ate a little this morning too but she is still off. It will take a little more time I suppose because of her old age. I just hope she can get back to her old self.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.