Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2016, 02:04 PM

218 posts, read 207,864 times

Advertisements

Good advice, I'll try to follow.

Old 01-20-2016, 06:47 PM

48,178 posts, read 22,026,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry_NJ View Post
Good advice, I'll try to follow.
Thank you Jerry.

Old 01-21-2016, 12:00 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,868,715 times
Thinking about ya CYN and Elston.......

I love ya boff very much (And everyone else on this thread too)

Old 01-21-2016, 04:30 AM

Good Morning Everyone.

Dude your last post was at 2AM......I hope you got some sleep.

We are having a cold snap here in SWFL......but not cold enough to turn on the heat.....we only turned it on once last winter and then only for a couple hours one cold morning. I'd rather put on a sweat shirt than put on the heat.

Some of you are in the path of the major storm that is heading up to the NE. be careful.

Old 01-21-2016, 05:45 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,331,738 times
I had to leave work after only being there 2 hours because the snow was coming down so hard. It concerned me because of having to drive down my dirt road. When I got home there was an inch of snow on the road already. I needed to make that money but not at the risk of getting hurt or wrecking my car! I go in today and then again on Saturday. Just hope the weather doesn't get to crazy!

Old 01-21-2016, 01:03 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,868,715 times
Thank you Elston,Yup I sure got some (Not much but I did)

Im glad ya made it home OK CYN!!

Old 01-21-2016, 03:30 PM

Oh my...I am so sad.....I worked very hard today--the girl who usually does the major part of the stocking when we get in 4 huge full pellets of animal food didn't come in so it was basically me and my boss. I am so sore and tired. My least favorite girl came in late at 2:30--in her typical angry mood. I can't understand why she dislikes me so much. By the time I got off and came home I was in tears. I know I am just to sensitive but it hurts to have anyone angry with me especially when I don't know why. Oh well, she even told my boss there was no snow up where I live as if to say I didn't need to leave work early the night before and yet earlier another man from my town mentioned how he had snow too so my boss knows I was telling the truth--why wouldn't I? I need and want to work. Oh well...I am just glad to be home. We have a huge storm bearing down on us tonight and tomorrow and I have no plans on going anywhere.

Old 01-21-2016, 04:25 PM

Your "no-worker" (I didnt say co-worker) cuz she's not. Anyway she sounds like a miserable person.....I hope she is so miserable that she quits or gets fired.

Be safe and stay in tomorrow.

Old 01-22-2016, 05:31 AM

I agree elston. She is so mean. Anyhow I went over to my neighbors as soon as the sun came up to let their chickens out as my neighbors had asked and those chickens didn't even want to come out. Smart! It's snowing quite hard and very cold. Not one person has gone down my road this morning. Even my neighbors that never miss work didn't go in today! It's down right nasty out there. Happy to have heat, food and my fur-babies here with me. I may just crawl back in bed for awhile!

Old 01-22-2016, 10:49 AM

218 posts, read 207,864 times
cyn,

No snow here in NJ yet, and I think the NW part of the state (go figure, that's the mountainous part, ski areas) will see less than the shore and southern part of the state.

I read you are home and pray you electric (an mine) stay on to make the snow storm just an inconvenience, not a survival threat.

I was to the dog shelter this morning, and I know those folks really have to work hard when the snow comes in.. can't use the open play (potty) area and no volunteers to walk dogs outside, really no place to walk outside anyway. The staff has my deep respect for the work they do for our homeless friends. My Lola was very happy to see me this morning. The new to me Pom had undergone major dental repairs (not explained to me) so he didn't want to be outside... so I took him back in after only 10 minutes. Another volunteer and friend was there, so that added to the pleasure of being there.

I have a temporary physical problem that limits my ability to deal with snow, even with a power blower, so I parked both my Truck and AWD car at the head of my driveway so I have less snow to move to get a car to the road. I never did this in the past, in part my wife's car was/is in the garage and I had to clear for that anyway. Never a problem even in my 70s I can do physical work. Guess I'm lucky, no arthritis or other physical pains, yet. Of course, my physical flexibility is gone. And, dumb me, I never do stretching exercises, or balance exercise, both a must to for us older folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning